Dual clyinder Master Cylinder for 1965 Monaco

65--880

Reaction score
Hello, I had posted before about doing a disc brake conversion on my 1965 Monaco. After some reading I have decided to keep the Monaco original and rebuild my existing system. I would however like to upgrade the master cylinder to a safer dual reservoir. I did some checking and probably missed it but I need to find one that will fit correctly on the brake booster. I would love to have a new booster & dual reservoir combo. Please forgive me if I missed the correct informatiom. I am not a talented computer guy. Thanks Scott

1967 was the first model year for the dual reservoir master cyl. Same Midland-Ross drum brake booster was used as your car should have. Bolt-on. Just need the lines and valving to make it work. Others might have some sources for the lines and valves?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

1967 was the first model year for the dual reservoir master cyl. Same Midland-Ross drum brake booster was used as your car should have. Bolt-on. Just need the lines and valving to make it work. Others might have some sources for the lines and valves?

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate your reply & help. Regards!

I just did this conversion on my 66 Monaco wagon. Be sure you buy a 67 4 wheel DRUM master cylinder. My Midland Ross booster worked fine, if yours does not work have it rebuilt instead of buying a generic replacement. Do not buy Inline Tubes line kit, it does not fit. (I can let you have one cheap if you don't believe me). I used Cunifer tubing to make new lines, it was easy but you need to buy or borrow a GOOD quality flaring tool.

20220129_154400.jpg

20220131_144956.jpg

20220131_145016.jpg

20220208_141641.jpg

I just did this conversion on my 66 Monaco wagon. Be sure you buy a 67 4 wheel DRUM master cylinder. My Midland Ross booster worked fine, if yours does not work have it rebuilt instead of buying a generic replacement. Do not buy Inline Tubes line kit, it does not fit. (I can let you have one cheap if you don't believe me). I used Cunifer tubing to make new lines, it was easy but you need to buy or borrow a GOOD quality flaring tool.

View attachment 557850

View attachment 557851

View attachment 557852

View attachment 557853
Thank You Don, I will definitly take your advise. Thank You Very much for your time, Scott

Back