Dual snorkel air cleaner

Reaction score
Hey guys. Looking for a '66-'67 dual snorkel air cleaner without the nipple that goes to the breather cap. Let me know what you have. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:help:

I have seen two styles in these years.

One has round snorkels like the standard 383 that the pie tins will not fit, and the other is larger overall and has the longer tapered snorkels like the standard 440 air cleaners and the pie tins will fit.

I had one from a '67 VIP with a Carter AFB, which at that time were not yet the larger 5.125 airhorn like the Holley.

I am not sure of the measurement, just that it is smaller.

If you need it to fit the Holley, the later AFB or an Edelbrock you will need the larger air cleaner, with the oval snorkels.

68 Chrysler300 (27).JPG

I had one from a '67 VIP with a Carter AFB, which at that time were not yet the larger 5.125 airhorn like the Holley.

I am not sure of the measurement, just that it is smaller.

If you need it to fit the Holley, the later AFB or an Edelbrock you will need the larger air cleaner, with the oval snorkels.

I had that problem with a '64 Imp. I found an adapter set at Autozone (I think it was) to fit the factory air cleaner to an Edelbrock. It lifted the air cleaner a little higher than I liked, but at least I did't have to go to an aftermarket housing.

Actually there are two types. As stated the round snorkel and the oval snorkel. The round snorkel was a C-body only air cleaner if I remember correctly. But the oval snorkel that fit the pie tins, only came on the 440/4bbl C-body cars?

The other oval snorkel air cleaners have a more prominent cone...read taller....so the pie tins will not work on them. These I believe came onthe 383/4bbl C-bodies.

I use one from a '73/4 400. The one with uneven length snorkels. Fits a Holley 4bbl and a pie tin just fine. They usually aren't that expensive either.

I use one from a '73/4 400. The one with uneven length snorkels. Fits a Holley 4bbl and a pie tin just fine. They usually aren't that expensive either.

Does the housing you mentioned look like this?
888.jpg

TNT dual snorkel

This is a dual snorkel from a 69 440 TNT engine. A pie tin was on it also. The breather tube is on the side of the housing body.

dual snorkel (Large).jpg

Back