Dumb things people did at car shows...

JPMODL

Reaction score
I'll start.
Had a guy last year try to push down the passenger rear corner on my Hurst. Thought he could force it into fitting perfectly flush...

Had a tail light bulb out so a guy starts banging on the quarter panel with his fist to get it to light again.

I was pretty impress how dumb that bastard is!

I think we've all seen hoods get closed on a model of the car sitting on the air cleaner.

Serves them right, too. I've never been able to understand the logic of having a small, crappy plastic copy of your car there when the REAL version is there, too. Do they think people come to car shows to see crappy model cars?

I think we've all seen hoods get closed on a model of the car sitting on the air cleaner.

Serves them right, too. I've never been able to understand the logic of having a small, crappy plastic copy of your car there when the REAL version is there, too. Do they think people come to car shows to see crappy model cars?
You mean like this?
C9A8F006-214C-4EBB-A6FA-C8911A6D9EE5.jpeg

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I mean! What was going through that geezer's mind when he did all that stuff? Is he thinking "They'll be really impressed by all this crappy junk."?

South Dakota Farmer with too long of a winter and an old 4 wheeler that his kids or Grandchildren out grew. His fiberglass skills were amazing though.

How about on the way to a show?

I came out of the can in a rest stop to see a pretty girl posing next to my 300 while her boyfriend took a couple pics. I stopped so I wasn't in the picture. All was good until she lifted a check to sit on the fender.

I yelled and scared the crap out of her.

She got right away from the car, I told her as she left, it was OK, just stay off the car. She didn't say a word... and ran over to her boyfriend who was with a bunch of guys. I fully expected to hear some crap from these guys for yelling at the girl, but men aren't what they used to be and nothing was said.

There was a guy that had the "crying doll" on his bumper. When he would see some unsuspecting person in the crowd going by, he would walk over and yell "get off my car" and give the doll a kick. Caught some people off guard.

I got a little nervous last summer when a guy with a truckers wallet and chain wanted to use my car as a butt rest while he was talking to me. I just kind of started backing up so he would follow me.
This is the much more relaxed me. My daughter reminds me I yelled at her for touching my car right after I brought it home from paint.

There was a guy that had the "crying doll" on his bumper. When he would see some unsuspecting person in the crowd going by, he would walk over and yell "get off my car" and give the doll a kick. Caught some people off guard.
that guy needed to get a life

I hit a lot of the small local shows and cruise nights. There's these two guys that I (and most folks) try to absolutely avoid. They were nice enough the first time but once was enough, for about 6 minutes. They ask about your car then go on to talk about every car, truck, tractor they (and sometimes their neighbors) have owned. What's worse is their grimy hands fondling every piece of chrome and painted surfaces. My cars are drivers, so it doesn't really bother me too much, but for others.....whoa!

I'll start.
Had a guy last year try to push down the passenger rear corner on my Hurst. Thought he could force it into fitting perfectly flush...
Why would you ever think it’s ok to put your hands on a man’s car? It would never occur to me to do something like that.

An old timer once told me-you don’t touch my car or my wife. They are both easy to throw a rod in.

To be clear, my dull minded guy was pushing on the fiberglass trunk lid edge ..

Why would you ever think it’s ok to put your hands on a man’s car? It would never occur to me to do something like that.

An old timer once told me-you don’t touch my car or my wife. They are both easy to throw a rod in.
Haha!!! That actually made me laugh out loud!

Back