Early 318 poly goodies

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
You don't see this stuff come up very often......

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Edelbrock-318-poly-engine-valey-covers-/261798367146?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cf4660faa&vxp=mtr[/URL]

$_57.JPG

I think the guy realized that he held too long the new Chrysler Power/cppa manifold and valve covers (same style) are cheaper than that made here and the manifold is a way better design.

Well, I guess I have to keep hoping I stumble onto some of these that are not priced for the trip to Mars!:icon_cry:

I think the guy realized that he held too long the new Chrysler Power/cppa manifold and valve covers (same style) are cheaper than that made here and the manifold is a way better design.

The new parts are a better design?

I wonder if I take 2 2bbl intakes and stack them on top of each other if that would qualify as a 4bbl setup?:laughing4:

The new parts are a better design?

Their manifold is a tall dual plane along the lines of a edelbrock rpm intake. The valve covers are a finned design like those Eddy's in o.p. I don't know if they are better just cheaper and made in U.S. not China for you Canadian folks.

Their manifold is a tall dual plane along the lines of a edelbrock rpm intake. The valve covers are a finned design like those Eddy's in o.p. I don't know if they are better just cheaper and made in U.S. not China for you Canadian folks.

The new dual plane manifold, ($500.00), is much more efficient then this old Weiand manifold, which had been out of production since the 70's.
I do like these old Eddie valve covers better then the newer ones though. I think the latest ones were cast in Australia.
He is a little north of the real value range.

They made some impressive numbers like 325 horse with a stock stroke 318 and a cam that is really tame number wise. I would love to see/hear it run maybe they will put one in a car for this show season.

Hell I think the stock sheet metal ones are cool with the toothy design on lower side get a good set and send them out and have them chromed at a good shop if you want eye candy.

Back