For Sale Ebay-1971 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham hardtop Factory U-code HP special order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold for $7111. It surprised me at least. But then, it only takes a couple gotta have guys to bid it up.

Sold for $7111. It surprised me at least. But then, it only takes a couple gotta have guys to bid it up.

I’m not surprised. That car had very good and rare options. Good colors, and good history.

Those who valued it as a $2,000, car need to realize its 2018 and the market has changed.

I was hoping someone on here would have gotten it but I'm glad it's going to be saved. I doubt anyone would by the drive train for 7k.

We saw this car in person (well my guys did .. i didnt personally). It was a solid car. I didnt initially, but now I do via several conversations past two days, know the seller.

I didn't get a chance to bid but I woulda done $5,000 to $5,500 on it. And apparently would have come up short.

The buyer appears to be real .. ya never know with these ebay deals until they actually pay ya.. and this car is crossing the Atlantic if the sale goes through. It does NOT need as much as some of us thought to be a really good driver ... but that of course is in the "to each his own" as to our individual opinions. :)

I could not be more pleased with the apparent outcome here. Another one saved.

so this is a 4-door New yorker crossing the ocean with a sales price of 7k $ in condition 4+

Now go back to the tread of the black 71 300 2dr HT low mileage survivor where some people discuss if it is worth 8k$ or 10k $

Carsten

so this is a 4-door New yorker crossing the ocean with a sales price of 7k $ in condition 4+

Now go back to the tread of the black 71 300 2dr HT low mileage survivor where some people discuss if it is worth 8k$ or 10k $

Carsten

Exactly!

Some folks think everything is overpriced unless of course its theirs....

I'm going to wait and see if this one comes back up for sale. Finding it hard to believe it brought that price when he didn't even clean the junk out of it for pictures.

s-l1600.jpg

we saw the presentation of this cat could have been better but the "bones" of this car werent affected by the clutter in our eyes.

the final price did shock me too though ...if it gets puked up from the Ebay process its more likely a buyers remorse deal ...recall how easy it is to walk away from Ebay deals as a BUYER ... read Ebay Motors "fine print" and as a seller its unsettlingly ez for buyers to bail.

anyway i thought $5k woulda had it sitting in my warehouse today. $7k was way too tall for me but guess not if the overseas buyer makes good. we all know (or maybe have been?) the buyer who'd pay whatever we had to get that thing we wanted badly.

anyway we'll see i guess. im sure if it pops up again somebody here will spot it no matter the venue.

Car has the 75-newer centercaps, for whatever reason.
And rear window trim is gone along the bottom . Uh, oh...
But pinstripe and body molding line up very nicely!
Kinda odd, but appears to have a 70 air cleaner, the 71 has a nipple in this area for the pass-side VC breather.
But it is still wearing the heat stove for the HP manifold.
View attachment 173967

But it does appear to have the 3-4 nipple VC breather, which I heard is 71 only?

View attachment 173968
View attachment 173969

View attachment 173971
View attachment 173970

3 nipple VC breather a 71 only feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back