Ebay Front End Kit Opinions?

How are legislative standards by the way for the "Made in USA" description. Over here you could label a shirt for example "Made in Germany" if you just put on the buttons in this country. Think this could also apply to our parts over here, take the cheaply made housings/ball joints and put them together in country. That's why I always look for NOS first.

I've heard that too. Get the ball joint 90% assembled in china...then install the boot, castle nut and cotter pin, drop it in a new box, and call it "Made in USA". ;)

Assembled in the USA...... made in the USA from materials from outside the US. Parts from Mexico assembled in the US.......Made in the USA......

They come in all forms

On a side note when i was replacing the front end parts on the white car i ordered rotors. They were different, two boxes with the only differences being " made in the USA" the other " made in Canada". The rotor from Canada was correct.

In the cutaway thread I posted....it shows JS suspension design is clearly better then the Moog. Moog USED to be a good brand...until they start manufacturing overseas. I don't know where the JS pieces are manufactured...but it's clear to my eyes that they are a far superior product....to at least moog, and probably TRW I'd guess. Since JS is a small outfit, and caters to the restoration car crowd they offer a superior product...for a few more dollar then the cheaper "other" brands.

PST parts are just re-boxed Moog....so that shows you the "quality" your getting. ;)

I am not trying to cause any issues or start an argument, but thrashingcows is incorrect when he states that we source our ball joints from Moog for the c bodies. We have them manufactured specifically for us.

Thanks
James

Last edited:
I am not trying to cause any issues or start an argument, but thrashingcows is incorrect when he states that we source our ball joints from Moog for the c bodies. We have them manufactured specifically for us.

Thanks
James

By Whom? Where? What makes your ball joints better or worthy of purchase?

i have heard over the years that Pst front suspension parts are a poor quality off shore built units. From the different people I have talked to they have said that after about 10,000 miles the lower ball joints get sloppy. It really pays to get quality Nos, or Nors especially for the 65-73 C bodies. When I rebuilt my 68 Fury's front end I sourced all my own parts. Moog American made tie-rods, Moog American made upper ball joints, Moog American made upper and lower control arm bushings. Moog American made Pit man arm. Moog American made Idler arm. I also found Nors M'quay Norris lower ball joints. It really pays to get quality parts and do the job once. Your labor and time doesn't change for cheaper parts. The difference is if you buy good stuff the first time you only need to do it once!!

I have no problem with the fact that we have items specifically manufactured for us sourced outside the USA as well as in the USA. We have parts made in USA,Turkey, Japan, China and other places. All the parts that we have made for us have to meet or exceed OEM spec. We have a person on staff that inspects all parts that we manufacture each and every time that we have a new run made. A sample is pulled and disassembled and checked against our original sample. This is common practice within this industry and to be honest some of the items that we have made outside the USA are better quality and more precise. In fact when we do have parts made we make improvements to them using modern materials and fixing original weak points in the original design. As of this year we are celebrating 30 years in business, so to say that we provide none quality parts is a farce. So explain how we have been able to continue? We have stood behind all of our products with the same warranty that we have carried for the last 29 years and it will not change. We have sold thousands of these front end kits over the years.

Thanks
James

Sounds good to me. :eek:ccasion14:
And it sounds like your Q/A-Q/C is better than, let's say, Edelbrock.

:sSig_thanks:

Last edited:
I knew a guy who put new front end parts in his car with a kit purchased from Ebay and after a year had to replace it again and asked me over to look at the "crap" he pulled out. I looked at his lower ball joints and saw they were loose and sloppy, totally shot, my next question after seeing this was, wheres the grease? His response, i guess it wasnt put in when they manufactured them. i wanted to smack him hard.

Come on. Tell me this isn't appropriate now...

facepalm.gif

Back