eBay International Shipping Does Not Work - Rant

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know that some members that live outside of the U.S. purchase items from me on eBay. Regrettably, I cannot offer eBay International shipping as a lower cost shipping option anymore because it just doesn't work. I know that eBay contracts with DHL for some overseas deliveries and with post offices in some countries but these contractors and postal providers are not delivering the items that I ship and when they do it takes them 6 - 8 weeks. I just got the 4th request from reimbursement in less than 2 months along with another notice from eBay that they are holding my funds until the request is resolved. eBay's contractor failed to deliver (literally) and they are holding my funds? WTF?

In this most recent case, I shipped the item on 2/13/2021 to Finland and apparently this item has been sitting in never never land since 3/8/2021 and the buyer today asks for a refund. Hello buyer, did you not check the tracking before today and notice that the tracking has not been updated since March? Didn't any bells go off? The buyer complains that I did not provide his email address or phone number. Hello, that's on eBay as I only ship it to their DHL distribution center in the Mid-West and eBay has that information and should share with DHL and whoever else is involved in the delivery process.

40 minutes on the phone with eBay and I had to file a claim and they won't release the hold on my funds. eBay has in my opinion screwed up the seller's format in My eBay and they have essentially severed ties with PayPal. They keep making it less attractive to do business with them.

At first, I was very pleased to have eBay offer reduced shipping rates outside of the U.S. as quite often the shipping was more than the cost of the item purchased before this service was offered.

I have not had a problem with items shipped to Canada and if any members have bought items from me and had them shipped to Canada by eBay International Mail I would like to hear from you on how long it took for you to get the item and if there were any other problems as I might reconsider using it just in Canada.

I wish there was a good alternative to eBay.

Just sell your parts and offer local pick up and deal with the shipping after the purchase through eBay is done.
Lay that out in the item description for all to read. Only question is do you need to set up the international shipping option for the item to be seen worldwide? I do despise selling things on eBay unless it’s something that I know I’m going o make at leas a couple of hundred dollars on.

Most of what I sell that goes overseas are voltage regulators and ignition modules. I now only offer priority mail for overseas shipping so my items will still show up in searches worldwide. I have never has a problem with priority mail shipping overseas.

I have not had a problem with items shipped to Canada and if any members have bought items from me and had them shipped to Canada by eBay International Mail I would like to hear from you on how long it took for you to get the item and if there were any other problems as I might reconsider using it just in Canada.

I wish there was a good alternative to eBay.

My brother has the same problem, the simple solution? Just stop doing International sales, problem solved! Good Luck

Back