Edelbrock 1843 kick-down adapter

Here are some pics of my setup using that bracket. Seems to work well.

IMG_3661.JPG
IMG_3662.JPG
IMG_3663.JPG
IMG_3664.JPG
IMG_3665.JPG

Here is a shot of one using a different kick down linkage ( one piece)

20140719_144815.jpg

Well this is timely! I need to do exact same thing on my 1970. Thanks for the pics. I had the instructions but the pics help a lot.

Is this a single-section throttle rod? It looks like it when I compare it to the manual, but it looks the same as Dobalovr's and 66/440's post implies that his is a multi-section. Thx.

2016-05-15 11.21.49.jpg

Mines on a '70 440 and looks like yours yes. 66/440's picture above is on a small block so I'm not sure if it would be similar to ours.

Mines on a '70 440 and looks like yours yes. 66/440's picture above is on a small block so I'm not sure if it would be similar to ours.
Thanks. Is yours single-section? The reason I ask is because the adjustment process is different for the single-section vs. multi-section.

Good question. I will have a look and try and take some pictures. What I do remember is what ever adjustments you make it needs to be 1:1 kickdown lever to rod. So 1" movement of throttle rod must equal 1" movement of kickdown lever.

In your photos, is the pin or bolt that the throttle cable, arm, and kickdown lever connect to the original pin or bolt that came with the car? I'm missing that pin and need to rig something up or find one.

so i have this all put together, and i have no kickdown action, what is the adjustment? when i floor it from a 20mph punch, i want to knock this lever backward/rearward? does it need to get pinned all the way back as far as it can travel when i floor it?

if i keep my foot in it, and it actually kicks down a gear into 2 or 1, how does the transmission get back to drive gear? does the hydraulic pressure beat out the mechanical?

i no savvee.

- saylor

what is the adjustment?
Saylor, I hate to say it yet again, but it's in the FSM. :poke:
Seriously, man, it would take too long to tell you how to adjust it by trying too explain it here than it would be just for you to read it there.

Back