Electronic ignition

Fury Rookie

Reaction score
Just replacing the orange ignition box. When I go to put wiring harness on 4 prongs they don’t go on all the way and screw does not get tight Any help greatly appreciated. Frank

Just replacing the orange ignition box. When I go to put wiring harness on 4 prongs they don’t go on all the way and screw does not get tight Any help greatly appreciated. Frank

The screw needs to be lined up perfectly and backed out when putting the plug over the the prongs. Make sure that the plug is clean and you may need a little spit on the inside of the plug. If the plug is hard, it may no longer be pliable enough to fit on correctly. Good luck.

Thank you fury got. I am having big issues with this . The little metal nut does not stay in place no matter what you do. I tried the grease on the prongs and that did not help either

Thank you fury got. I am having big issues with this . The little metal nut does not stay in place no matter what you do. I tried the grease on the prongs and that did not help either

You may have to glue the nut on. Where did you buy the ignition module and what brand is it?

Is the plug fully seated? I have many where the nut just strips or does not stay in place. As long as the plug is seated and stays in place, drive it. Combination of old rubber on plug getting stiff and weak nut will cause problems.

I am looking for a distributor for my 1970 Chrysler 300 - it looks like you have the one I would like to buy........................ 3438722. It seems you have a rebuilt one and an NOS one but I would like to know more about the two options. Is there a contact number for you so I can call you with my questions. Thanks.

Steve

A few years back I bought a cheap Ebay ecu for a spare. I wanted to see if it worked, the wiring harness would not go on fully, I did not force it on. Car fired one time and would not start again, so I put the old 1990 orange box back on and no problems. Contacted seller and got a instant refund, did not even want it sent back, they probably knew the stuff they were selling was junk. On closer inspection the pins on the ECU were too big. Took a heat gun and melted out the stuff sealing the back and found a small chip inside and a fake transistor.

A few years back I bought a cheap Ebay ecu for a spare. I wanted to see if it worked, the wiring harness would not go on fully, I did not force it on. Car fired one time and would not start again, so I put the old 1990 orange box back on and no problems. Contacted seller and got a instant refund, did not even want it sent back, they probably knew the stuff they were selling was junk. On closer inspection the pins on the ECU were too big. Took a heat gun and melted out the stuff sealing the back and found a small chip inside and a fake transistor.
How to tell a "fake" ECU from a real one

Back