Elwood - 1968 Fury II 4 door sedan

Continuing, I watched the video on the kit manufacturers website and it was very helpful.

Quartz Conversion Kit, Car Clock Repair - Instrument Services Inc.

I pressed on the spring steel retaining ‘nuts’ using a 3/16” nut driver, and am painting the hour and minute hands.
I also need to sand the inside of the cover to ensure proper grounding.

I need to finish painting the hands, get it reassembled, tested and close it all up.

F6691CB4-090A-4926-AD04-6D1E1864069A.jpeg
37F9411C-550C-4316-8220-02DB4D295A33.jpeg
B8041DA9-D0F1-43D7-B9A7-37CE7FC85E67.jpeg

Finished the 68 clock for Elwood.
Works as I ran it overnight.

in starting to disassemble the clock for Shamu (69 Fury III vert), the electrical connections don’t match. I will call Instrument Services, Inc. tomorrow to discuss a solution.

3A942D5A-2C31-4CB5-9640-8C5F4716B211.jpeg
045E3C58-3C15-485F-BC2B-F378C1FD301C.jpeg
F74A024A-7225-4C6E-8501-7A4E03760E28.jpeg

It’s been a while since I have provided an update. Other life events have deferred action.

I’m in the midst of reassembling and installing the passenger side rear window.

I have the rollers, glass pins (I think they’re correct), and am cleaning up the bracket that the glass attaches to.

I should have an update with pictures next week.

I received the window rivets (first item above) and the window rollers today.

The rivets look like they’re going to work.

The rollers - I have a question: are the 3 wheels on the roller assembly supposed to spin? The ones I have don’t, so much.

Feedback is appreciated!

IMG_8196.jpeg

IMG_8195.jpeg

In reviewing the FSM more, the rollers that I bought are for a 4 door hardtop, not the sedan that I have. Dog!

I also need to locate a source for the gasket that I have circled in the diagram below:
IMG_8198.jpeg

I will post a wanted ad.

I received the window rivets (first item above) and the window rollers today.

The rivets look like they’re going to work.

The rollers - I have a question: are the 3 wheels on the roller assembly supposed to spin? The ones I have don’t, so much.

Feedback is appreciated!

I'm pretty sure that the small metal wheels should be free to turn, but I'm not positive about the plastic wheel. I don't think that I've ever come across one that rotated freely. I would soak the assembly in the penetrating fluid of your choice for a few days and see what frees up.

Jeff

I'm pretty sure that the small metal wheels should be free to turn, but I'm not positive about the plastic wheel. I don't think that I've ever come across one that rotated freely. I would soak the assembly in the penetrating fluid of your choice for a few days and see what frees up.

Jeff
Thanks!

It’s pretty much immaterial at this time, as the part is for a hardtop. I ignorantly ordered them.
I will clean them up and hang on to them.

In reviewing the FSM more, the rollers that I bought are for a 4 door hardtop, not the sedan that I have. Dog!

I also need to locate a source for the gasket that I have circled in the diagram below:

I will post a wanted ad.

You are looking for "glass setting tape". It's readily available, you just need to figure out what thickness you need.

glass setting tape.JPG

Jeff

I finally received the glass tape and installed the metal bracket onto the window.
I think it worked out well.
I had soaked the bracket in vinegar, cleaned it up with brake cleaner and sprayed it with a matte clear coat.

Note: the rivets are marked as A & B body and worked perfectly. The rivets are only used on 4 door sedans and maybe station wagons.

IMG_8212.jpeg
IMG_8211.jpeg
IMG_8210.jpeg

Last edited:
I got the window installed today. I was able to save both rollers and the spring steel clips that retain the rollers.

I greased the rollers, shafts and glide paths and installed the window in the reverse order of the FSM.

I made a video of it operating:

Fabrication of replacement door card in process. The replacement is 2 pieces of 0.060” black abs plastic, glued together with 3M 90 contact adhesive.
I will cut the plastic and the holes with a skill saw and dremel tool.

IMG_8496.jpeg
IMG_8495.jpeg

IMG_8497.jpeg

I got the passenger side door panel installed.
I forgot to attach the lock rod, but will remove the panel when the cat whiskers arrive.

The door panel is in fair shape. If this was going to be a show car, I would order new ones (in addition to a lot of other things).

I consider this a victory. The window rolls up and down for the first time since I have owned the car (2018).

I’ll install the drivers side door panel.

Next - brake lines, wheel cylinders and master cylinder.

Once they are installed, I will get it out and drive it a bit.

IMG_8500.jpeg
IMG_8502.jpeg

Today, I received a pair of arm rests for the front doors from Dante’s Mopar Parts, fabricated a new water shield and after some serious cleaning with Simple Green, finally applying some 303 vinyl protectant, got the driver’s side front door ready for reassembly. I also installed the pair of cat whiskers, the outside one snapped right in, and I pop riveted the inside one to the door panel.

I vacuumed a bunch of dirt out of the bottom inside of the door, and reassembled everything. Cleaned up the glass and it’s done for now.

I mailed the rear outside door cat whiskers to @QQE along with the new ones that weren’t for this car (not sure why as the product label says it should fit).

Todd at @QQE will contact me when I can expect the correct parts.

IMG_8732.jpeg

Continuing on the front passenger side, I cleaned up the door and had to make another water shield. None there. I am glad that I saved the split driver’s side and used it as a template.

I riveted the new cat whisker to the door panel and filled the missing cardboard with fiberglass and resin. After that hardened up, I slid the clip onto the mess, clamped it down and put a layer of J-B Kwik Weld. Not beautiful, but I believe it will work.

Once that’s cured, I will install the door panel and new armrest, after cleaning up the chrome with some Brasso.

IMG_8738.jpeg
IMG_8740.jpeg
IMG_8741.jpeg
IMG_8742.jpeg
IMG_8739.jpeg

I’m about ready to install the passenger side front door panel. Spent over an hour cleaning it up with Simple Green and had to use some lacquer thinner to remove some overspray near the lock button through hole. After wiping it down, I slathered it up with 303 protectant.

It’s good enough for a daily driver.

On to the rear door panels (cat whiskers and cleanup).

I’m sure that the door panel will turn out less wonderful as in this picture, as the 303 dries.

IMG_8748.jpeg

Back