Epic Whoops thread.

Topanga Canyon, or Malibu Canyon are both very windy. Another road out there that is extremely windy is Decker Canyon road (highway 23) between PCH and US-101.
Yeah I'm waiting and watching to see the law clamp down on the 'YouBoob Stars' but with the many many others problems going on today in California it seems that these crashing clowns are a little priority. The wheelie crash last Saturday I saw no CHP, County or National Park Service cops on that scene only the National Fire Service (US) rescue squad. Nothing new as many hikers have gotten over their heads up there and needed rescue.

I use to ride the San Gabriel canyon (now AZUZA) up to the top to the Angels Crest Highway (ACH) to eliminate the traffic clogged freeway drone to get to the Sierra Nevada's back in the late 70's. A very familiar road to me as that is where (ACH) we went to get up above the smog so to say back then. After the Northbridge quake no can do anymore as a rock slide has damaged the road up by the top. It was funny talking with someone on FireTalk (1999/2000) about the ACH & San Gabriel and he alerted me about the rock slide taking out the top of San Gabriel, also told me about the CHP motor squad 'Wolf Packs' that were implemented in the late 80's to combat the M/C deaths (6 in one weekend) and rescues (1 was 450 feet down the cliff) back then, mostly on the western end of the ACH. Back when I rode in the 70's there was no fuel available up there and with a 3 gallon tank you had just enough fuel to get up & over or up & down.

As with the Coastal Canyons and western end of the ACH I did them once or twice. Most of the riders on the western end of ACH were Valley People riding up to Mt. Wilson, did it once, no thank you, too developed and way to much traffic. In all my times on San Gabriel I think up beyond the reservoir I may have encountered 1 or 2 other vehicles, eastern end of ACH... naadaa, zero, buttkiss, whether day or night, had the whole road to myself.

Oh my how it's changed now,

Cali.Canyon.Crash.Crowd.008.jpg

I was going to make a gif of this but I got to trim 200 frames out to a limit of 300 so we'll just go with this for now.

TRUCK.TIRE.HIT.001.jpg
TRUCK.TIRE.HIT.002.jpg
TRUCK.TIRE.HIT.003.jpg

wait-theres-more.jpg

2nd tire & wheel

LADbible Scary Driving Moments_00_00_56_361.jpg

LADbible Scary Driving Moments_00_00_56_363.jpg

LADbible Scary Driving Moments_00_00_56_367.jpg

LADbible Scary Driving Moments_00_00_57_387.jpg

LADbible Scary Driving Moments_00_01_01_483.jpg

That's a oldey but a goodie... the dumazzes shoud'da unloaded the dozer... take truck up, drove dozer up and re-loaded.
Believe me one contractor I worked for had minimum wage goons hauling a backhoe that hit a low RR bridge, knocked the hoe right off the trailer. They just drove too the other side, started up the backhoe & reloaded before anyone reported them. 2nd time they did it was with a brand new John Deere backhoe for the GC that was working with the site contractor, bent the whole frame to the tune of 30 thousand plus dollars to replace. Our excavator operator said that it still didn't dig straight even after the frame was replaced. :rolleyes:

That's a oldey but a goodie... the dumazzes shoud'da unloaded the dozer... take truck up, drove dozer up and re-loaded.
Believe me one contractor I worked for had minimum wage goons hauling a backhoe that hit a low RR bridge, knocked the hoe right off the trailer. They just drove too the other side, started up the backhoe & reloaded before anyone reported them. 2nd time they did it was with a brand new John Deere backhoe for the GC that was working with the site contractor, bent the whole frame to the tune of 30 thousand plus dollars to replace. Our excavator operator said that it still didn't dig straight even after the frame was replaced. :rolleyes:

I drove past a truck that had a front end loader on it, on the other side of the bridge that took the roof off the loader. The look on theirs faces was priceless.

Back