Epic Whoops thread.

20210924_204241.jpg

Naa you can see him outside just down the track foolishly jumping up and down waving his arms in the air as if the train has a chance to stop. (he's the one crying at the end, lol)
I don't know what he thought was going to happen. It didn't sound like the brakes were applied on the train. Even if they were, it will still travel almost a mile before stopping. It looks as though he stopped on the tracks when th arms came down on the truck. If that's the case, should have kept driving and dealt with the scratches. I hope he likes his new job at Mickey D's

I don't know what he thought was going to happen. It didn't sound like the brakes were applied on the train. Even if they were, it will still travel almost a mile before stopping. It looks as though he stopped on the tracks when th arms came down on the truck. If that's the case, should have kept driving and dealt with the scratches. I hope he likes his new job at Mickey D's
No I think it was more of a case of the low slung car trailer getting hung up on the rise which is quite a bit for a grade crossing. As far as the train, it was only a 2 car 2 engine Amtrak train, maybe a commuter rail somewhere and it's a little different to slam the brakes on a passenger car train than a freight train. Best off to plow through it at full speed and deal with the engine damage than 100+ or so lawsuits from passengers getting tossed from slamming on the brakes. The train was going at a pretty good clip, I think standard commuter Amtrak trains can reach 90 mph in open areas. I imaging what the passengers thought when they felt the jolt, 'what was that'? Only to look out the window and see the airborne SUV. laff...

I use to work at a company for my first job as a kid on High School work study, the company was backed up to the railroad tracks that went through the center of town and one day us workers were just hanging around on a first nice spring day in the back parking lot when a freight train locomotive went by with the brakes locking up the wheels full, sparks were a flying... seems there was someone on the tracks paying no attention to the trains horn and it got to the critical moment to go def-con full on the brakes.
Train sat for awhile, we thought oh no, town cops showed up, even the railroad cops showed up but nobody was hurt or killed they just wanted to find the individual that trespassed on the tracks. The railroad police came into our yard poking around and asking questions and we found out the main reason they were pissed is that due to the locomotive going full lock on the brakes is that it would have to be taken out of service to have the flat spots ground off the wheels and that would cost $100,000 in 1960's dollars. :wideyed:

Speaking of trains & grade crossings, here's our local county bus service that does the senior transport in these mini-buses for anyone that cant't deal with the big buses.

Votran.Minibus.At.RR.Crossing.jpg

LOL notice the crossing arm.

Here's the latest from the Cali Canyon Crashing YouBoob Star. (and they wonder why the forests catch on fire out there)
It's only been about a month since his last crash.

001.Canyon.Clown.Crash.jpg

002.Canyon.Clown.Crash.jpg

003.Canyon.Clown.Crash.jpg

004.Canyon.Clown.Crash.jpg

005.Canyon.Clown.Crash.jpg

I wonder if he'll get the bill for putting this puppy up in the air?

006.Canyon.Clown.Crash.jpg

Back