Exact Replacement A/C Components Now Becoming Available for Our C bodies

The second one is a little mystery to me. Perhaps @david hill can identify it. The part number is a little smudged so I'm not sure what it is.

For you guys that don't live where there is real winter, the red thing behind it is my snow blower. LOL

View attachment 573758
View attachment 573759
View attachment 573760
View attachment 573761
--View attachment 573762
The second heater box is definitely from a 69-70 300 or New Yorker. Note the center dash duct work is a pure give away. The center dash discharge was continued through 72 w/ slight variations on the ductwork. Reusing your cars specific duct work would allow you to use the basic three pic heater box 69 through 72 as I have done repairs using doner heater boxes parts on 69-72 Chryslers. I'm very sure the same theology can be used on full size Plymouth models 69-72. Have no experience on full size Dodge models to draw from.

I had some time this morning and did a search of my parts book and found the number, which I believe is 3441554 since there apparently isn't a number that is 3441551. That is an assembly number (not the housing itself) that fits a 1971 C body PDCY without autotemp. So with that maybe you could discern any differences if any. Thanks for the effort @Big_John !
With my experience on interchanging heater box parts your research tells me that the assembly # 3441554 or an exact matching part can be used to repair any full size PDCY (Plymouth Dodge Chrysler Imperial) Manual heater box. Without seeing an Imperial application Ican't confirm if the evaporator cores or heater cores are interchangeable.

I want to thank all of you for all of your suggestions and feedback. WE GOT IT figured out! I had Richard from theheaterboxguy work with me and we got it. There are 2 different boxes used and the evaporators have different screw holes so we designed our evaporator to work in both boxes without having to modify any of it. Rich was also excited in stating that no reproduction has come close to fitting so well. So we will now be offering this on our ebay site. Again thank you all for your patience and time in assisting my small business.

IMG_1769.jpeg

IMG_1762.jpeg

IMG_1763.jpeg

IMG_1764.jpeg

IMG_1765.jpeg

Now that is the way to run a first class company!

We truly appreciate your extraordinary efforts to get things right.

Excellent :thumbsup:

Now that is the way to run a first class company!

We truly appreciate your extraordinary efforts to get things right.

Excellent :thumbsup:

I just wanted to add that I feel that one way to know the character of a company such as @CoolerClassics and its owner is who they themselves do business with. As such, I also want to tout the capabilities of Mr. Heater Box also as a first rate and very capable Chrysler (including C bodies) Reproduction services company. They can renew your instrument panels to like new again and renew your instruments and make gauge clusters look and operate better than factory. I was lined up to have them do some work on some of my components and they are also the ones who furnish my instrument panel circuit boards that are much better than original ones were with much tighter pins and high quality components and they also have the electronic voltage limiters that I use. I am lined up to have them upgrade some of my radios to modern electronics so they actually work better than new but have not been able to follow through on that yet since I just recently had my main helper with my mechanical/electrical stuff experience some very debilitating health problems (a stroke) that has set me back significantly. But I have spoken at length with the owner there and he is really capable with a great demeanor - very friendly and personable. He has long lead times as a result but that also speaks volumes about his company's quality of work and character as well. I would highly recommend that you look over his vast capabilities and also give him consideration for doing your work in those areas as well. His website is very well done..................................

Welcome — Mr Heaterbox and Interior Restoration Services

Last edited:
I just wanted to add that I feel that one way to know the character of a company such as @CoolerClassics and its owner is who they themselves do business with. As such, I also want to tout the capabilities of Mr. Heater Box also as a first rate and very capable Chrysler (including C bodies) Reproduction services company. They can renew your instrument panels to like new again and renew your instruments and make gauge clusters look and operate better than factory. I was lined up to have them do some work on some of my components and they are also the ones who furnish my instrument panel circuit boards that are much better than original ones were with much tighter pins and high quality components and they also have the electronic voltage limiters that I use. I am lined up to have them upgrade some of my radios to modern electronics so they actually work better than new but have not been able to follow through on that yet since I just recently had my main helper with my mechanical/electrical stuff experience some very debilitating health problems (a stroke) that has set me back significantly. But I have spoken at length with the owner there and he is really capable with a great demeanor - very friendly and personable. He has long lead times as a result but that also speaks volumes about his company's quality of work and character as well. I would highly recommend that you look over his vast capabilities and also give him consideration for doing your work in those areas as well. His website is very well done..................................

Welcome — Mr Heaterbox and Interior Restoration Services
I give Brian two thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:. I passed numerous emails back and forth with me trying to work some bugs out of my box. He had nothing to gain because he didn't have the specific part that I needed.

There is also Rich Rynkiewicz in Pennsylvania that is extremely helpful and restores the heater boxes. I bought some vacuum actuators from him when working on my box. He shared a lot of tips on getting it back together also.

I give Brian two thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:. I passed numerous emails back and forth with me trying to work some bugs out of my box. He had nothing to gain because he didn't have the specific part that I needed.

There is also Rich Rynkiewicz in Pennsylvania that is extremely helpful and restores the heater boxes. I bought some vacuum actuators from him when working on my box. He shared a lot of tips on getting it back together also.
Hello - I am following this thread and wanted to ask you if you have contact information for Rich Rynkiewicz? I am in the process of removing my 1969 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible Heater core and would love to have a professional and knowledgeable person rebuild it. I have reached out to Cooler Classics as well from this thread. Thank you.

Hello - I am following this thread and wanted to ask you if you have contact information for Rich Rynkiewicz? I am in the process of removing my 1969 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible Heater core and would love to have a professional and knowledgeable person rebuild it. I have reached out to Cooler Classics as well from this thread. Thank you.
I have rebuilt many heater boxes and replaced evaporators and heater cores. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
I have rebuilt many heater boxes and replaced evaporators and heater cores. If you have any questions fell free to PM me.
@Ripinator (who owns the 1970 300 TNT whose heater box David rebuilt when she was mine) and I can vouch for David's work.

Back