Exhaust coatings, powder coat and ceramic coat

A38E86D32

Reaction score
I am having my 440hp manifolds ceramic coated. I would like to have my new exhaust system coated too. One of the powder coat shops i talked to says i can powder coat the exhaust piping, that ceramic coating would be over kill. What do you guys think? I would think that exhaust gets too hot for regular powdercoat.....
Thanks,
-Marc

I think powder coating can easily withstand 250-300°F and maybe up to 350°F. The question really is how hot the first foot or so of the pipe just past the manifold gets. From there back, it shouldn't be a problem.

Don't waste your time with powder coating the exhaust. If you do anything use ceramic coating on the inside and outside. I did this with a car of mine and had no problems. If I was doing it again I would go stainless if you plan to keep the car long term. enjoy

The exhaust system is bought is TTI, I'm very impressed with it's quality. I bought Flowmaster Super 44s. I just want everything to last long and look good. I'm spending good money on this project, i think i will go ceramic coat.

bought my hooker super comps...rusted fairly quickly even with their coating...took them down and had them powdercoated....quite happy

I've used ceramic coatings multiple times, and have a project with a full stainless system in the near-completion stages. Ceramic works well, and will polish right back, with a bit of mag polish and a rag[if it gets water stained]. We had oil burn onto my ceramic headers, when a head-gasket let go, on my old prostocker. A bit of lacquer-thinner and some XXX steel-wool...and looked like new. These guys do terrific work, fairly priced, and stand behind their work.
Dun-Right Q.C Coatings | Facebook
Home | QCCOATINGS.com
14kv6h2.jpg

Headers oiled and cleaned....
29zy51k.jpg

11treya.jpg

Anyone who has done this, how to these prices compare to your experience (please, you do not need to say exactly what you paid :))?

These prices look reasonable? thanks for a reply.

66-78-0.jpg

looks reasonable to me...gotta figure at least hr labour sandblsting..ect ect..cost powder..ect ect...

Everything is put in a burn-oven, before the blasting, prepping, and application/baking. At least at QC Coatings. They've been doing coatings for decades.

Back