• favorite dash

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • favorite fins

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The "Forward Look" period from 1956 to 1961 was A period of Chrysler automotive styling concidered to be excessive by many.

Bold styling created by Virgil Exner set the Auto industry scurring to "catch up"

What are your thoughts, likes, dislikes about this era....?

I like all of Exner's creations!

What a great era in America!!!

:sFl_america2:

Will, I fell in love with the '61 T&C in the fall of '60 when I saw the 1st one on the new car lot at the dealership. Canted quads, held over 1960 boomerang tail lites. But alas, at my age then it wasn't ah chick magnet and it cost more then my gross annual back then. I still think they made a mistake not trading straight up for my '53 98 Fiesta, Jer LOL

The 57 models are probably my favorites of all Mopars, up to 59 all are still very nice from 1960 on I'd pick the large Chryslers and the 1960 Imperial, while mostly Plymouth is a good step down in desirability, also not that enthusiastic about the free standing headlamps on the Imperial, that's design grown on me, the other ones were always among my favorites. 1955-1956 is on the same level as the 58-59 cars.

Last edited:
I think those are some of the best years of Chrysler Corporation exterior styling and tri-tone body and interior colors ever designed. I even like the Boat designs Mr. Exner was designing later on in around 64-66 for Buehler Boat Co. Some pretty futuristic ideas came from that man. :yaayy:

The cowl designs of the 62 Dodge and Plymouth cars were speed boat inspired.

I like the Bar Harbour 24' cruiser roof design Exner designed. There were apparently only 7 built. Possibly only one of them exists today. But that one would look great being pulled by a 1960 300F Convertible. Oh if I only had the funds.:sFl_america2:

I cant vote, they arent my favorite cars and I like them as a package, the whole car.......

I love the 57-59 Desotos and Chryslers most.
57&59 Dodge are great, too

61 Plymouths and Dodges have grown on my lately

Back