Factory CB radio

jg09

Reaction score
Has anyone come across one of these things in person?

amonlycb.jpg

I was looking up pictures of where people have mounted CB radios in these cars and came across the Chrysler AM/CB radio. That solves the problem of no suitable location under dash, and it looks MUCH more period correct than the (broken) mid 90's Chrysler AM/FM/Cassette that someone installed in my car at some point. I'm just curious if anyone has seen one of these, or even better yet, used one. It looks like it's 1.5 din like what the New Yorker has already.

I want the knobs off that radio! I have a mint NOS AM/CB radio circa 1972 waiting to go intomy 72 W200. Would love an AM/FM/CB with the black face. I have a used AM/FM/CB with the silver face that's going into a friend's 79 Lil Red Express. Something different you don't see much of.

Your pic link did not work. I'm assuming it's for your Formal. How about this one...AM/FM and CB...out of a Cordoba.

CC-123-078-800.jpg

I have one in my '78 NY'r St Regis Coupe. It was ordered when new (I have the build sheet) and I remember when the car was NEW. It still works great.

I have one of them, and it works, but I'd need some big bucks to pull it from my old Magnum that I've owned since it was new.

The top pic is what I got for the W200. The bottom pic is obviously the silver faced unit.

Posted via Topify on Android

topify_1414310129158.jpg

topify_1414310159346.jpg

I had one in my 78 NYB...it was toast and never worked. It was suppose to have an automatic power antenna. That was long gone too and are impossible to find.

I think the idea of a factory CB radio is pretty neat. I wish manufacturers still did stuff like this today. I'll have to save up and keep an eye out for a working one that's affordable. That would be too cool to have in my NY'er

I think the idea of a factory CB radio is pretty neat. I wish manufacturers still did stuff like this today. I'll have to save up and keep an eye out for a working one that's affordable. That would be too cool to have in my NY'er

I would find a working CB antenna first.........impossible to find.

I would find a working CB antenna first.........impossible to find.

What type of connection does it make on the back of the radio? Does it have it's own plug? I have no reservations against just using a magnet mount whip on the rear deck lid if I can hook it up to the Chrysler CB somehow. I typically put a CB radio in anything I drive, so I'm just looking for a clean, classy way to hook one up in the NY'er.

If deck lid mounting is good enough for the General Lee, it's good enough for my NY'er! haha

836_p7_l_zpse5fc3fa3.jpg

What type of connection does it make on the back of the radio? Does it have it's own plug? I have no reservations against just using a magnet mount whip on the rear deck lid if I can hook it up to the Chrysler CB somehow. I typically put a CB radio in anything I drive, so I'm just looking for a clean, classy way to hook one up in the NY'er.

I don't remember....I got rid of it long ago. I do remember it was impossible to find a factory automatic power antenna.

I ended up putting this in and run my IPOD from it with a remote. 200,000 colors....Stan loves it! LOL!

DSC02281.jpg

DSC02281.jpg

That's the same stereo I put in my girlfriend's Ranger! Got any pics of it in the dash that aren't so close up? I've got a spare CD player laying around that I was considering throwing in there for the time being, but I didn't know how out of place a newer stereo looks in these cars.

I also remember the wiring harness and the antenna cabling is totally different than all the rest of the Formal radio wiring harnesses.

They used standard Motorola jacks.

Kinda cool - I've never seen a sliver faced factory AM-FM-CB - what was it pulled from?

A late 70's truck. I'm worried I might start collecting factory cb/radio combinations. The AM unit is mint, almost a shame to install it, but it's going in if I don't find the AM/FM combo first.

I wish manufacturers still did stuff like this today. I'll have to save up and keep an eye out for a working one that's affordable.

The all new for 2015 CB radio from Chrysler! That would be a rare option 30 years from now.

I paid $150 for the AM version, a lot less for the silver one, and have seen used black AM/FM versions going for up to $300. I've been lucky with getting the*radios just after they were advertised.

That's the same stereo I put in my girlfriend's Ranger! Got any pics of it in the dash that aren't so close up? I've got a spare CD player laying around that I was considering throwing in there for the time being, but I didn't know how out of place a newer stereo looks in these cars.

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02280.jpg

Back