For Sale Factory EV2 Hemi Orange 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, just re-read what you wrote; you said "door panels." My mistake. However, is there a link for those?
:lol:

Looks to be mostly surface rust. It is a 2.5K total resto candidate IMHO. Would be stunning if completed in that colour with the road wheels.

Just to close the loop on this sale, I reached out to three different people in the U.S. who expressed interest in buying this car. Each one of them gave me an offer for the car which I said I would accept. In the end though, every one of them backed out of the sale. I ended up selling it to a person in Finland who offered more than I was asking for the car and bought the parts car too. He didn't change his mind, either, in a couple days. This is why I do not really want to try and sell a vehicle in the U.S. anymore. Whenever I have sold a car overseas, when the person said they will buy the car, in every single instance they have followed through with absolutely no issues. This is why so many cars are leaving the U.S. and going overseas, I believe. The new owner has extensive experience in building trailers that involves considerable welding and felt the repairs to this car were very doable, and I sent him a lot of photos of the underneath to be sure he knew what he was buying. He has also restored a number of cars in his collection. So I am expecting to see this car restored to its former impact in the near future. That is a good outcome, I believe.

don't blame you..Paul has expressed similar situations with doing work for local folks..always chasein them for coin or they wana trade Aunt Mables prize hog for something whereas last 4 cars hes built for calgarians he never hada chase anyone for anything
lve tried to keep ahead of him as best l can re parts ect..nothing worse than being on a roll and run up short of material or parts ect and have to depend on someone to round them up...am glad l have Paul on the case even though lm getting raped by interest rates..the trade off was well worth it...would hope folks feel the same about your services

Building trailers...You don't have to mention buyer's name for us Finnish people. That car will be restored for sure!

hopefully the person will be a member here and post lots of pictures of the restoration

I am glad to hear it found a new home that will restore it.

I am sure it will be done properly.

Unfortunatly most C-body guys in Europe are not members of message boards in the US.

For various reasons.

One of them might be that some US citizens (meaning message board members) don't like cars going overseas. So they don't feel comfortable being here.

Carsten

They should get over it, we're all Mopar guys first.

I would rather see a C rolling down the road anywhere on the planet than turned in to cheap toasters.

Maybe one of you guys could relay details and pictures for us? Sorry to hear Steve's troubles with American buyers. As much as I would have loved that project, I would never have dreamed of making an offer I couldn't follow through with. Even with parts, I have to be 100% sure I can pay for it and transport it before it's even considered. And, what's the difference what country it's in anyway? These forums is the closest I ever come to viewing and commenting on them, even in my own state for the most part. Just need pics and a good seat and every day is Carlisle.

I can't stand them going over seas but j guess better to resurrect that to rot away

Why You can't stand it? Do You have any idea how much money we are spending for extra costs and how much trouble trouble we are facing when buying cars from US?

Because they belong here. It's an American pride thing. Whatever you spend is your business.
It's all about Americana ...... If they're not here we'll never see them again. History, heritage, American made. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back