Fall Colors anybody???

Watchu talking 'bout Willis? Never been to the river valley? The eastern maples on 97st. Off 137 Ave? Don't have a picture on my phone, but for two weeks there, the photographer's come out of the woodwork to snap them up. Typical Edmontonian, trash talking the place. Try to stay positive. There's alot to love. It is nice to hear from another Edmontonian. Calgary seems to have a little group. It would be a good thing to have that here too. All the best!

I get out plenty, and spend 60+ hours a week driving around Edmonton. Perhaps if I was stuck in a cubicle 40 hours a week the city would inspire me more. My observation isn't about any lack of cool fall colors here, more of a complaint that it is over and done so quickly. I may also still be a little butt hurt at the absence of summer this year...

I live just off 137 ave

Time to shovel some snow, the 2-4" they called for turned into 6"...

Houlton is the last two exits on 95 before you enter New Brunswick. Madawaska is the actual " cap of Maine". there is very little there, a few small stores and dual citizens,.

Oh yeah you can. Look up the Four Corners Experience tour. I think Houlton is just north of the 46th. Last 2 exits on I 95 before entering Canada.

Limerick, Maine
1968 chrysler 300 f183.JPG

That Chrysler pic from Limerick,
just makes me effing envy sick,
I wish I could be at this spot
and snap one Chrysler off this lot,
Would be the Scoop of Limerick. :D

Last edited:
That Chrysler pic from Limerick,
just makes me effing envy sick,
I wish I could be at this spot
and snap one Chrysler off this lot,
Would be the Scoop of Limerick. :D
I see what you did here!!!

I get out plenty, and spend 60+ hours a week driving around Edmonton. Perhaps if I was stuck in a cubicle 40 hours a week the city would inspire me more. My observation isn't about any lack of cool fall colors here, more of a complaint that it is over and done so quickly. I may also still be a little butt hurt at the absence of summer this year...

I live just off 137 ave

Time to shovel some snow, the 2-4" they called for turned into 6"...

Yeah, we got seriously ripped off this "summer". In retrospect, it was barely worth insuring and registering my convertible. And all that snow we just got over the weekend is about to melt and make a mess. Just like last winter. Remember when it used to get cold and stay cold? If we have another freeze/thaw style winter like we did last year, I am seriously going to consider relocating. I live downtown and have a garage by Bonnie Doon. Message me, or I'll message you, we can go for a beer, or just shoot the sh*t at the garage.

Did some digging, September 28, 2018, Edmonton, Alberta. Hotel MacDonald in foreground, river valley background. September 13, 2019, outside of Cadomin, Alberta. Poplars, I believe. And there's a bit of fall going on in the background at the junkyard, outside of Sherwood Park, Alberta, September 19, 2019.

IMG_20180928_133529.jpg
IMG_20180928_133541.jpg
IMG_20190913_120818.jpg
IMG_20190919_152043.jpg
IMG_20190919_152031.jpg

Which junkyard is that? Bucks?

Have you been to Coyote Auto Salvage south of Toefield? Clayton has a seriously large collection of classics. "Dodge City" is a pretty large part. He can be quirky to deal with, but he has some good stuff there.

Yeah, we got seriously ripped off this "summer". In retrospect, it was barely worth insuring and registering my convertible. And all that snow we just got over the weekend is about to melt and make a mess. Just like last winter. Remember when it used to get cold and stay cold? If we have another freeze/thaw style winter like we did last year, I am seriously going to consider relocating. I live downtown and have a garage by Bonnie Doon. Message me, or I'll message you, we can go for a beer, or just shoot the sh*t at the garage.

I hate freeze/thaw cycles during winter. It's bad enough dealing with that in early spring, but at least then I know warmer weather is near. I guess no matter what we get here we'll find something to ***** about...

Message incoming!

Which junkyard is that? Bucks?

Have you been to Coyote Auto Salvage south of Toefield? Clayton has a seriously large collection of classics. "Dodge City" is a pretty large part. He can be quirky to deal with, but he has some good stuff there.

Yep, that's Bucks. And no, I haven't been to coyote, I've heard good things, but have yet to make the venture. Looks like it's going to have to wait until next year. Thanks for reminding me of him.

Winter is a good time for Coyote. No bugs, no mud...just gotta dress for it.

I gotta swing by Bucks and have a look-see again soon. :thumbsup:

Gorgeous fall day, took some pics while driving around with Medina, my 1971 Monaco.

IMG_2902.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2884.JPG

Back