Fender tag decode

@thethee I just noticed you're in Holland. This could have been a Government car, we've seen, several times where Imperials and NYs have been special ordered by other countries for Government cars.

Sorry, I screwed up the VIN Decode somehow. I had YM23 but it's YM43. I'd love to see some pics. I'm guessing this was a promotional car, a triple black Imperial, you don't get any classier then that IMO.

Sorry to disappoint, but she is far from what she used to be when new. Although I'm kinda digging the beat up look I would love a respray, but that's just not in the budget. Focus has been on the mechanicals for reliability. Engine compartment cleaned up okay though.

20210222_180723.jpg

@thethee I just noticed you're in Holland. This could have been a Government car, we've seen, several times where Imperials and NYs have been special ordered by other countries for Government cars.

Could very well be, but according to the Dutch DMV it was first registered here in 2007 but don't know where it was before then

Although I don't know anything for certain, I still think that is unlikely. So far I only encountered Furys that had been in government service, especially in Finland and Belgium. It seems in some cases they even went through the trouble of making LWB cars out of them.

Back