Finally a C body owner

Jim 68cuda

Reaction score
I've been a member here for five years. But up until now, my search for the C-body of my dreams has been futile. Well, I still didn't get the big block 66 Sport Fury convertible I have been searching for, but I did find a 66 Sport Fury hardtop that I couldn't pass up. Its not a survivor, but its a super clean low mileage car. It has the 318 wide block instead of a big block, but I do love this car. Everything above the upper side trim is original paint. Underneath, there is no sign of any rust anywhere and no sign of ever having any body work done. Should be a fun cruiser.

white fury a1.jpg
white fury a2.jpg
white fury a3.jpg
white fury 4.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! Sounds like a nice car... I can't see your images though. If it's not just me having this problem, try the "upload a photo" button at the bottom of the page.

Pics of the Barracuda in the background, Please.

A little off topic for a C body forum, but heres a link to pictures of my other Mopars. Some of the pictures are pretty old. The turquoise Barracuda is a 340 car and needs some rust repair in the rear quarters. My Charger is in the body shop now, the turquoise fastback goes in when the Charger is done. My Mopars Album 1 | Facebook

Congratulations on such a nice find. I love the red interior

A little off topic for a C body forum, but heres a link to pictures of my other Mopars. Some of the pictures are pretty old. The turquoise Barracuda is a 340 car and needs some rust repair in the rear quarters. My Charger is in the body shop now, the turquoise fastback goes in when the Charger is done. My Mopars Album 1 | Facebook
youl learn quickly, this Forum goes WAY off topic lol.

Way to go Jim, very nice!

Congratz. and nice score Jim. I've wondered where you've been. Whats happened with your long roof? Still at ah buddy's place or have you finally got it home? See you at Carlisle this year?

That's nice!! '66 with the poly will run forever! Very nice color combo. I had one in green and black years ago.

Congratulations, finally a C -body owner, that has to be great feeling.

Nice score, gotta love the Fury.
What's the benefit of a poly 318 anyway? The only 318 I've ever used was the LA

Congratz. and nice score Jim. I've wondered where you've been. Whats happened with your long roof? Still at ah buddy's place or have you finally got it home? See you at Carlisle this year?

My longroof? What about yours? The last time I saw your 61 Chrysler wagon it was on display in Carlisle waiting its turn to be auctioned off. As for my 67 Belvedere wagon, it is now home, and it runs great. Had an issue with a leaking rear axle seal that has kept it off the road for months though. I think that problem has finally been resolved. It still needs body work and interior work, but the main concern now is the tailgate. The plan for the Belvedere wagon is to make it my daily driver. The tailgate looks fine, but its so rusty at the bottom and around the hinges that I am afraid it will fall off if I hit a pothole. It won't even latch in the closed position. Only the tailgate glass in the raised position holds it closed and I don't want to risk breaking the glass. I do have a somewhat better tailgate at the body shop waiting it's turn for repair. Once I replace the tailgate, I will be more comfortable with using the wagon and then get rid of the VW Passatt daily driver.

I've been a member here for five years. But up until now, my search for the C-body of my dreams has been futile. Well, I still didn't get the big block 66 Sport Fury convertible I have been searching for, but I did find a 66 Sport Fury hardtop that I couldn't pass up. Its not a survivor, but its a super clean low mileage car. It has the 318 wide block instead of a big block, but I do love this car. Everything above the upper side trim is original paint. Underneath, there is no sign of any rust anywhere and no sign of ever having any body work done. Should be a fun cruiser.

View attachment 71065 View attachment 71066 View attachment 71067 View attachment 71068
This is awesome! another Poly powered Fury!!!
Congrats!!

Back