66 fury 22 inch radiator

Jimmie-O

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m not sure if this has been covered very much. But, I was wondering what 22 inch radiators would fit my 66 fury? Is it a C body only thing or are they all same same between classes? Any help would be appreciated.

I have used an early 70's A body radiator in my '65 Chrysler as a temporary fix. I had to drill a couple new mounting holes in the radiator bracket to make it fit. So, yes, if you take a little time with a tape measure, it's easy to match one up.

The HUGE difference is the inlets and outlets. A radiator for a small block will have a smaller outlet on the bottom tank than a big block radiator will. You can get around that, but the top inlet needs to be in the right spot. Big and small block radiators will have the inlet in slightly different locations and cars with A/C have a different location for the top inlet too.

Let's ask this... Do you have an existing radiator? It might be easier to get that recored. I have a place north of Syracuse, NY that does great work at reasonable prices if you don't have anything near you.

I did receive a quote from a shop kinda near me and let’s just say it was almost triple the price of a good aluminum one! Just wanted to keep it more of a factory look. Cold case radiator does make a direct fit they said.

Direct replacements should be from any of the C body cars. (1965-66 Dodge Polara, Plymouth Fury, Chrysler) but you need to know a few things first. What engine? Auto or Manual trans, ECT. You must not have AC or you would have had a 26" radiator in 66. Big block and Small block cars have the lower inlet on opposite sides. What is the Part number on your radiator?

I did receive a quote from a shop kinda near me and let’s just say it was almost triple the price of a good aluminum one! Just wanted to keep it more of a factory look. Cold case radiator does make a direct fit they said.
The Cold Case may require slotting or drilling holes to locate it correctly. Nothing serious a regular Joe can't do in a few minutes.

Direct replacements should be from any of the C body cars. (1965-66 Dodge Polara, Plymouth Fury, Chrysler) but you need to know a few things first. What engine? Auto or Manual trans, ECT. You must not have AC or you would have had a 26" radiator in 66. Big block and Small block cars have the lower inlet on opposite sides. What is the Part number on your radiator?
2582953 AF

You must not have AC or you would have had a 26" radiator in 66.
You could get AC with a 22" radiator in '66 with the 383. Plymouth lists a different number with an astrix (change or addition) than the Dodge, which uses the same part number as the High Altitude radiator.

Back