Finally found what I was looking for, it's a.....

To each his own. I like the wheels on this car but as owner said needs some larger rubber up front :)

and larger diameter wheel sizes are easier to find tires for these days than 14/15 inchers
As soon as somebody makes a Road Wheel look alike in a 17x8... I will think about it... until then... not even a remote possibility.

Nice ride man. How much did she run you if you don tell mind telling?

nice ride but I have to agree with others on the wheels sucking. they will not grow on me. beautiful ride though.

It looks better with the old cragars/white walls......

ml-eriksson655.jpg

Yep I saw that one, it's in Sweden. I like it too, wouldn't have complained if they were on my car instead of the 17" TT

Very nice car!

Looks very clean! How many miles are on it?

Thanks all for the compliments.

I know 17" wheels will always be a hot topic for discussion, maybe I'll change my mind if the car is on my driveway and I see it as it is.
It will not be my first priority though;
1: upgrade to dual master cylinder
2: change front tires to correct height
3: upgrade headlights to meet Dutch inspection (at the same time upgrading the wiring and using relays)
4: if necessary overhaul front end (bushings etc) that's a gift to yourself in driving pleasure
5: Get a dutch license on it
6: convert to LPG
7: Front disc brakes
8: get a second job to do the rest I want to do...

Thanks all for the compliments.

I know 17" wheels will always be a hot topic for discussion, maybe I'll change my mind if the car is on my driveway and I see it as it is.
3: upgrade headlights to meet Dutch inspection (at the same time upgrading the wiring and using relays)
4: if necessary overhaul front end (bushings etc) that's a gift to yourself in driving pleasure
LPG? Is that to make it more affordable to run, or will that make some kind of emissions/registration difference?

LPG? Is that to make it more affordable to run, or will that make some kind of emissions/registration difference?

Yeah, they do LP conversions all over Europe. A lot cheaper than gasoline.

Gas is $5.50 to $6.00 per gallon in Europe right now.

Beautiful....... ! :thumbsup:
OEM wheel covers and w/w/tires would be the ticket on this car. I'm petty sure Cooper stills offers 235x15 WW's.

Nice looking car, i had the same car only in Cordovan. My wifes great aunt bought it new, and it was absolutely loaded like yours. It was complete, but not nearly as nice as yours. I really like the 65 NYer 2 doors, enjoy it
Travis..

What a beautiful car!!

When you convert to disc brakes and dual reservoir master cylinder there will be challenges that present themselves with interference between the dual master and the autopilot servo and mounting bracket.

I have done the conversion on my 66 Town and Country and I know how to make it work. There is a specific master cylinder required which has the front and rear line ports on the engine side (a must for this conversion) and some modifications to one bracket and the gas pedal to autopilot servo control rod.

I would be happy to give you all that information and parts lists and some instructions and photos.

Check out this link for a discussion about the disc brake conversion:
65 Fury disc brake conversion advice

Further to your car - does your autopilot work? Generally the dash dial fails and the other issue that crops up is the point sets inside the servo need servicing. I offer a rebuild service for the dash dial and a servo point set service which I advertise in the WPC Club newsletter. 10 years and no warranty claims!!

Once again you have a beautiful car!!

What a beautiful car!!

When you convert to disc brakes and dual reservoir master cylinder there will be challenges that present themselves with interference between the dual master and the autopilot servo and mounting bracket.

I have done the conversion on my 66 Town and Country and I know how to make it work. There is a specific master cylinder required which has the front and rear line ports on the engine side (a must for this conversion) and some modifications to one bracket and the gas pedal to autopilot servo control rod.

I would be happy to give you all that information and parts lists and some instructions and photos.

Check out this link for a discussion about the disc brake conversion:
65 Fury disc brake conversion advice

Further to your car - does your autopilot work? Generally the dash dial fails and the other issue that crops up is the point sets inside the servo need servicing. I offer a rebuild service for the dash dial and a servo point set service which I advertise in the WPC Club newsletter. 10 years and no warranty claims!!

Once again you have a beautiful car!!

Thanks for the compliment and the info!

I'm waiting for the car to arrive at my home, it should be here within 2 weeks.

Currently the auto pilot is not working. Rebuild service might be costly because I'm in the Netherlands.

As soon as I have an overview what the car needs I'll get back to you on the parts needed for the correct disc brake conversion, first step is dual master cylinder.

Cool... keep me posted - happy to help how I can.

Depending on what the autopilot needs (it's almost always the dash dial), the repairs are quite inexpensive. Dash dial rebuild is $75 US plus shipping (dash dial is small and light).

Servo would be costly to ship but the repairs to the points set are typically very affordable - under $100 if they're not completely burnt off. Still way cheaper than finding a NOS one...

Back