Finally got my first love so to speak- 65 sport fury!

Mikes65sport

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first time being a member of any forum, so bear with me as I learn. This is also my first Classic Mopar! When I was a kid around 10 years old, my dad traded a guy a Lionel train set for a '65 Sport Fury. That car was the coolest thing my 10 year old eyes had ever seen! It was THE car that made me into a life long car nut! My parents had the car for about 4 years, and then one day a brake line blew on it when mom was leaving for work and she couldn't stop the car. It rolled down our driveway which was a steep hill and across the road into the neighbors yard. That was the last time mom
would ever set foot in the car, and being that it was starting to rust out, dad opted to junk it! I was 14 at the time and I begged dad to keep the car for me so I could fix it up for my first car. Mom said no, and it was forever gone. I've had several classics over the years, and still have a super clean and fast '67 cougar that I've had since I was 19. But the desire to have that sport fury never went away, and so I started searching for a good project and I finally found it. It's not dad's, but it took me right back to being 10 again when I sat in
it. I can't wait to start this restoration! I look forward to learning about Mopars too in the process. Thanks to all!

Welcome to the site. There is a wealth of knowledge here to help in your restoration. I will start the request for pictures. We love lots of them, through the whole process.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Howdy from Washington state. I grew up in a '66 Fury VIP, thus my interest in a '66. I know how you felt when you found your '65. It intrigues me how we gravitate to cars from our childhoods.

Back