Firm Feel stage 1 steering box

carrman

Reaction score
Just received my new steering box today, my old one was leaking out of the sector shaft, and since the engine is out it's a good time to change it. I'll post my findings once the car is back together!

Just received my new steering box today, my old one was leaking out of the sector shaft, and since the engine is out it's a good time to change it. I'll post my findings once the car is back together!
Will be interested in your findings.I'm in the process of taking mine out to send to them for a rebuild.Been talking with them on the phone. Seem like great people, answered all my questions. Have their upper control arms,leafspring hangers,shock plates and rear sway bar for my 65 Sport Fury.All quality pieces.

Last edited:
My Father in Law and I were just talking about this tonight, I am very interested to hear findings.

Just as soon as I'm driving I'll share here. 451 needs to get finished first...;-)

Last edited:
Interesting discovery. I don't seem to have a rag joint in my Newport!

IMG_4085.JPG

Car feels so much better, love the feed back from the road I feel. Stage one is perfect for me.

Nice to hear that. My '73 LeBaron, developed a power steering leak, and I was thing about a firmfeel box. Does anyone know anything about a steer and gear box?
steerandgear

Little less expensive and no extra charge for tighter feel.

Back