Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the silver one!
The buyer was happy.

m***o ( 165
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
) Excellent - Perfect Gentleman
Chrysler : 300 Series 300L (#271628667802) US $22,000.00

This is the last place you want to be high. Stick around though and share with us more about the car and its history.

Thanks for the interest detmatt.
I have lusted for this car for over 25 years as it belonged to a neighbors wife. He would never talk about selling it. I would see it in a different garage once in awhile but never saw it run.
When the wife died he said it was to go to her daughter and I didn't see it for a few years.
When he died I ran into a sister at his estate auction and asked about the car.
Turns out that it had been parked in a driveway about 30 miles from me for the last three years and she didn't know how to drive a stick.
I will guess that who ever did drive it didn't know much about manual trannys or passive driving as the clutch was junk and the brakes were almost all used up.
Anyway, I offered that the daughter let me store the car for her out of the elements until the estate got settled and when she finally got the title cleared up she offered it to me.
The rest you know.
I don't think I want to sell it any time soon, the only reason I considered it has to do with storage. And the fact that I live alone and insure eleven vehicles at the moment.
I am a reasonable guy and would entertain reasonable offers.

You know times are achaingin when the kid out in front of the mall is playing a giant joint like a guitar drummin up business.

The Hagarty value guide is for insurance replacement values to help determine stated value policys. Usually 40-50 % over market value. The NADA is a used car guide, not accurate to collector car values.
Best GUIDE I've found is........ And it's only a guide.
Your car looks like a strong #3 from the pictures.

1965 CHRYSLER 300L Value

The car in question isn't an L.

Thanks for the interest detmatt.
I have lusted for this car for over 25 years as it belonged to a neighbors wife. He would never talk about selling it. I would see it in a different garage once in awhile but never saw it run.
When the wife died he said it was to go to her daughter and I didn't see it for a few years.
When he died I ran into a sister at his estate auction and asked about the car.
Turns out that it had been parked in a driveway about 30 miles from me for the last three years and she didn't know how to drive a stick.
I will guess that who ever did drive it didn't know much about manual trannys or passive driving as the clutch was junk and the brakes were almost all used up.
Anyway, I offered that the daughter let me store the car for her out of the elements until the estate got settled and when she finally got the title cleared up she offered it to me.
The rest you know.
I don't think I want to sell it any time soon, the only reason I considered it has to do with storage. And the fact that I live alone and insure eleven vehicles at the moment.

I'm glad you seem to be sticking around. You have a very cool car and I'd like to see more of it.

I was standing next to a 1927 Rolls Royce with my uncle once. My uncle asked the owner "what's something like this worth". His answer has stuck with me over 30 years later... "It's only worth whatever I can sell it for tomorrow".

Good luck with your car, no matter what you decide to do.

Sheesh - and here I thought I was nuts with 7 insured vehicles and only 2 drivers. You've got me beat.

I love the 300, including the color combo. It wouldn't be at the top of my list but there are far more worse colors than better. What else is in your collection? And what did you have to give for the 300?

If I had that car I would definitely keep it and enjoy it.

My collection is mostly hot rods that I have built over the years.
28 Dodge, 36 Dodge, 37 Desoto, 46 Chrysler, 66 Satellite. I have a pretty nice 56 Imperial. A couple of motorcycles, and a couple of boats. Non running would include a 48 Chrysler, 50 Dodge COE and a 34 Dodge DS (rare). More than I can think of right now.

28 Dodge project 028.jpg

post-121135-0-28776800-1447622272.jpg

IM003055.JPG

IM003091.JPG

coe.jpg

Desoto and boat #2.JPG

IM002158.JPG

06-28-2006 11;15;19AM.JPG

52 Plymouth Suburban.jpg

IM002902.JPG

New Yorker chassis and front tin. Royal body. MII/ 8 3/4. 392 Hemi, 4 speed.
Not for sale.

IM002854.JPG

IM002855.JPG

051.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back