300c.JPG

006.JPG

300c.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

Last edited:
As nice as the car is, I think you are a little optimistic on the pricing especially considering that there are non-working items. An "L" would have a hard time commanding that price. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:
How about some under hood pics?

I would say very optimistic ...
Given there are way too many negatives...
Resurfaced flywheel instead of new..
Non- working A/C..
Non-working radio..
Tach issues..
Incorrect wheels..
Base motor..
Known body work...

Add to the above the seller lacks ambition to use current pics
nor post any detail pics...
Seems unlikely it would go for much more than half of asking....
"Rare" does not equate to high price ......

Extremely optimistic... in fact out of this world optimistic....

Optimistic, of coarse.
Its original. Not asking a hundred like some guys more optimistic than I am with their high end restorations.
Make me an offer if its something you may be interested in. If not then I have heard your comments and for a fact I like to go thru life as an optimist.

Maybe 20K in #1 condition but isn't.

While optimistic is good it isn't the word I would use for this situation.

FIRST TIME OFFERED!! I'm at a loss for words...

Wow. Mary must be worth at least $20,000 in its current state. :rolleyes:
Good luck with your sale, you have a very nice car.

In reality and not trying to bash you, you are the owner and can ask the world for this car so again please consider my comments as trying to be helpful before responding should you wish to do so again.
At the price you are asking this car should be in top shelf condition.
Like a Jay Leno car in a a garage that no one would even consider driving for fear of getting the car dirty.

Firstly,
All noted items would have been serviced and brought back to factory working specs.
The entire auto would be in as new condition like the day this rolled off the assembly line or better.

As a C body owner you should know that our beloved C body cars don't fetch this kind of $$$$ even in brand new condition unless someone like Marylin Monroe owned it or Elvis & the seller had proper providence to prove previous ownership.
If this was the case then get ready for the bidding war of a life time!

Photos would show us that is is an auto worthy of your asking price. - you have not in this case.

I agree that there is certain aspects of this car that are interesting such as the 383ci BB with the factory 4spd, center console & some factory optioned gauges are cool.
The colour is not one of the got to have collectible schemes.

Based on other offerings in the past this would be a $12,000 tops in the current condition

I believe the acid test for the asking price would be to subject your car to having a fair market appraisal done (not an insurance appraisal) by an impartial appraiser
This would give a true indicator of what this car could possibly sell for.

I wish all the best in trying to sell this car but I do believe you will be the owner of this car for many years at this price.

Last edited:
I think $12,000 is harsh, but $20,000 would be very fair.

sure, the $20,000 would be very fair for the seller based on the facts provided so far.
Let's get some under the hood and under body shots

Oh yeah. We definitely need under hood and fender tag pictures.

I cant find a way to cancel the post.
You guys are not hearing me when I say 'asking'.
I believe I will keep it.

Welcome, nice car. No need to cancel the post, the more comments the more exposure, the better chance of finding a buyer. Post more pics and talk it up, it can only help.

[QUOTE="capyjack,
You guys are not hearing me when I say 'asking'.
QUOTE]

Sorry your feelings got hurt by the facts. You've "asked" yourself right out of any serious contention.
And yes, Very nice car.

I have always thought that eBay is a good gauge of what a car can, and will bring on the open market. People here, and me too I admit, think you are asking too much for your car. List it on eBay, with your 50 grand as a reserve, and see what happens. the top bid will be an illustration of what the general public thinks your car should sell for.

Would I like to buy your car? Hell yes! I would LOVE to have a '65 4-speed car. But I've seen a few 4-speed Ls for less than what you're asking. That speaks volumes, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back