Fitment & performance Trial on MOP753A Radiator on 1966 Chrysler Newport

Cold Case Aluminum Radiators

1. Gerald Morris

Gerald Morris Well-Known Member

Its OK. Te absolvum.

2. 65Polara

65Polara New Member

I am just joining this thread, and am wondering if I could help out the vendor. I see you are located in Hatfield, PA. I happen to be about 45 minutes from there, and am looking for a cooling solution for my built motor that I anticipate achieving ~500 hp. I have a 1965 Polara with the 22'' radiator. Maybe we can work something out for you to use it for fitment etc.

IMG_5748.PNG

3. Ccas

Ccas Member FCBO Vendor

I believe we already have a solution for that radiator if you are going to run a full kit. What we had hoped to do is make a correct one that you could run the OEM fan shroud with. At 500hp, you start to get to a point where the electric fan kit can do a better job than the mechanical fan. So in your case, we can probably get you set up. I'd just need to borrow that radiator for a day or two to confirm. Shoot me a PM if that's a possibility.

4. mathiew

mathiew Member

does a MOP753A will fit in my 1965 300 838 2 barrels? I have no problem to cut/fit from my 22'' to 26'' just want to know if it will be hard to fit trans line?

5. Ccas

Ccas Member FCBO Vendor

As far as fitting the 22" unit in your car, that's not an issue and the trans lines should match up pretty close. Our radiator is deeper than yours so the trans lines have to get pushed back a bit. That might require putting an extra 's' bend to create some space.
    Going to a 26" radiator on a car that never had one, could be done an unlimited amount of ways. Each one would change the position of the trans line inlet. So I couldn't guarantee your trans lines will match up. Personally, if you went the 26" route, I'd run a separate trans cooler and then you won't have to worry about the trans lines placement.