Fixed problem. New link to resto

Very nice work Marian. You are doing a very thorough job on the old gal. Appreciate the update brother.

Very nice work Marian. You are doing a very thorough job on the old gal. Appreciate the update brother.

Thank you. BTW...it's "sister". LOL No problem. The guy in the pic is my beloved husband and helper. Someone had to take the pics and drink the beer. No alcohol and power tools for him. :)

Thank you. BTW...it's "sister". LOL No problem. The guy in the pic is my beloved husband and helper. Someone had to take the pics and drink the beer. No alcohol and power tools for him. :)

That's cool Mopar sister and I and I'm sure others will appreciate the sense of humor. Welcome aboard.

Now that's what being a shade tree mechanic is all about.
Being a mechanic in the shade of the trees! NICE!

b4jbmd.jpg

Now that's what being a shade tree mechanic is all about.
Being a mechanic in the shade of the trees! NICE!

b4jbmd.jpg

LOL, not bad for a computer geek. He's really been working hard. Of course he knows that the more work "we" do, the less the resto will cost. He likes that idea.

Update on "Tiny". (Monaco's name) Tires ordered from Coker. Due to my need to keep original and thinking money grows on trees, we sent the old wheels off to be restored. We will be getting them back tomorrow. Discount tires are working with me and will be mounting and balancing them tomorrow then they are off to the shop. I'm so stoked. I'll add pics as soon as I can.

In the beginning, I had no idea you were going to go in so deep on this car. I'm finding the whole process amazing. Good job and keep it up!

In the beginning, I had no idea you were going to go in so deep on this car. I'm finding the whole process amazing. Good job and keep it up!

Oh wow. That means a lot coming from you! I had no idea what I was getting into. From what I can tell, not to many 65 Monacos still on the road. My dad loved his car. I'm thinking that if he were alive today he'd be proud. I really know what he'd say though..."Marian, brains of dynamite you wouldn't have enough to lift your hat off. What are you thinking?" LOL

pic4.jpgpic5 (1).jpgpic6.jpgpic7.jpgpic8.jpgpic9.jpgDone for the day. Goal was to finish taking apart the dash. Goal accomplished. Only obstacle was taking out the ignition. Appears you need some tool but I found a piece of metal and we flanged out the edges. Fit like a glove. Life's to short. Time to enjoy the rest of the day.

pic4.jpg

pic5 (1).jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

Wow! That paint looks very good!!!

Thanks. Lots of shadows but I agree. The surprised me today. Tears were falling. Even the shop owner (Ray) was in tears. Hubby cleaned up the dash. He's an awesome man and didn't mind me spewing fluids from the eyes.

Oh and I did go back to original wheels and tires. Wheels restored and went back to bias ply 14" whitewalls

Outstanding!! Once again, I had no clue in the beginning how deep you had planned to dive in.

Now let's talk about radiator support color.....

< Sent from my tablet >

Back