Flint Michigan

Air Force was huge here in WW II.
There's generations here that grew up with bottled water because of
Agricultural runoff invoving animal feces, pestacide, and squatting Migrant Workers relieving themselves on your lettuce.
That sweet river water would look good here.

In the town of Braddock Pa. where they have been making steel since 1875. Once they knocked down the projects and crack houses and every other bar, the hippies moved in and decided to grow food in all the empty lots. They had the soil tested and it is good to go, this in a place where you park you car for a few weeks and it turns orange.

I heard that it will take 55 million to replace the effected water pipes in Flint, but the Pres only wants to give 5 million, I don't see any difference between this and other natural disasters that the government is more than willing to throw money at.

I heard that it will take 55 million to replace the effected water pipes in Flint, but the Pres only wants to give 5 million, I don't see any difference between this and other natural disasters that the government is more than willing to throw money at.

I grew up in Buffalo NY and lived in a house most of my childhood built in the 19th century. Buffalo draws its drinking water from Lake Erie which caught fire once. It was declared dead once. I drank that water but as far as I know, I suffer no ill effects 60 years later. What is going on in Flint though is criminal. This isn't 1955 or 1965. Every state has water quality inspectors. Someone decided to ignore test results. Lead poisoning is irreversible. There is no medical remedy. They expect the citizens of Flint to drink bottled water and install water filters but the year long lead exposure has no cure. This is America Americans. An entire city ruined. Where is the congressional outrage?

Ok, ok, We get it.

Are there wealthy neighborhoods in Flint?

I looked on Trulia. A lot of 3/2/2's for $10-15k.
In the city there is miller rd mansions. The mayor and a few large car dealers live in there. Like every other metropolis, there's the city and the surrounding communities. The surrounding communities is were ya wanna live.

Well I see you members in MI. have it just as bad as I did in Chicago, the main reason I moved from there. In Chicago it is referred to as being in "Crook" county. Good Luck.

Back