Floor mats revisited...thoughts?

70Tom

Reaction score
So, I have been looking for original floor mats for my 70 Sport Fury. Thanks to Mopar discontinuing many parts and accessories for our C-bodies, it looks like i'm out of luck regarding the reproductions they made. However, I was talking to Mopar Pro Shop in South Carolina (they still had the repro mats on their website), and after checking, I was told that we can get vinyl/rubber floor mats made to order for our C-bodies. Finding this somewhat surprising, I asked him to send me a pic. While they are not the full floor style (really isn't necessary for me anyhow), they seem to be a good looking mat. I like the pentastar in the middle.

I believe these are going to run $134.99 for a set. He said they'll be up on their web page later today.

What do you guys think?

thumbnail_floormats.jpg

A bit spendy for rubber floor mats.

I purchased luxurious carpeted mats for my Dart and GTX (in the correct script) for around $160 (IIRC) from Lloyds mats.

I have yet to browse for the Newport as I do not have an interior in her yet. lol

I just got a set that look like that for my Challenger and I think they came from Legendary. They were a gift so...

Been looking for something for my '65 Monaco and these might do the trick. I agree that they are a bit pricey but there aren't many options out there. I can't even find a mat in the same style and color of my carpet that I can have the word MONACO embroidered onto. Please post the link here for those of us that might be interested. I looked on their website but they still haven't been posted yet. Thanks.

Floor mat technology is one of the few automotive areas that have progressed in the last 40 years. I run the SUV size mats with the deep grooves. They prevent a ton of grit (and salt/snow) from ruining carpet.

Shake out, done. Wear out, replace.

IMG_20170313_202539.jpg

What do you guys think?
I think if you have a #1 car and you finally have run out of trinkets to put on your car, and you stll have money left over, go for it.
Otherwise, your money is better spent on fixing the things preventing it from being a #1 car. Or a #2. Or #3...

So, I have been looking for original floor mats for my 70 Sport Fury. Thanks to Mopar discontinuing many parts and accessories for our C-bodies, it looks like i'm out of luck regarding the reproductions they made. However, I was talking to Mopar Pro Shop in South Carolina (they still had the repro mats on their website), and after checking, I was told that we can get vinyl/rubber floor mats made to order for our C-bodies. Finding this somewhat surprising, I asked him to send me a pic. While they are not the full floor style (really isn't necessary for me anyhow), they seem to be a good looking mat. I like the pentastar in the middle.

I believe these are going to run $134.99 for a set. He said they'll be up on their web page later today.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 122190

ACC has carpeted mats for a '70 Fury. Check this out:

Floor Mat for a 1970 Plymouth Fury | Auto Custom Carpets

Also, their mats / carpet sets are usually available from dealers who discount the retail price you see on the ACC website.

I bought two carpeted floor mats from Trim Parts for less than $50 when I bought my carpet. Four would have been about $75. These were made from the same material and fit the car perfectly. Bound edges and rubber backed.

From what I read in their catalog, they also can embroider the mats, although the C body options are gonna be low like everyone else.... They might be able to do something custom though.

Their web site isn't the greatest. Trim Parts

Back