WANTED Flow thru vent switch wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly they are tough to find as that dash switch with vacuum ports for the flow through ventilation is the same switch used on some B Body Air Grabber cars. Same switch but with a different knob so the B Body guys tend to snap up any NOS ones that come up.

Sadly they are tough to find as that dash switch with vacuum ports for the flow through ventilation is the same switch used on some B Body Air Grabber cars. Same switch but with a different knob so the B Body guys tend to snap up any NOS ones that come up.

Might be some in repro by now? All things considered.

I believe the one in my '67 Newport has some age cracks where the nipples are? What I've considered was to get some metal tubing, of the correct size, and glue short sections into the plastic body. Then firmly attach some vacuum lines to them, so that THOSE lines can be attached to those in the instrument panel to complete things.

Just what I'd thought of, years ago. Makes sense to me that it would work, though. Worth a try.

CBODY67

Didn't really take pictures of the process but have these two. I used a Miller to make sure I didn't drill too deep or angled.

20181219_081523.jpg

20181219_174500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back