NOT MINE For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible.

canuck62

Reaction score
For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible.

Saw this one on Ebay.
I'm waiting for more photos from seller.
1970 Chrysler 300 Series | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

And paint looks like a slightly darker shade in the rear of the car along the lower styling line, like it has been blended with the other paint. If so, why the poor body work in the rear quarter? Rear power window probably doesn't work. When I see a car like that with blended paint and poor body work and all the trim stripped off, plus "new brake lines", I run. Scary to me - be careful. And only one photo and precious little write up? :stop:

At least it has white walls and wheelcovers.

I hate the "one pic" write up. Always leary of that.

Heck I answered the ad for my sport fury there were no pictures just a brief description I ended up buying it sight unseen by me !!!! However had a great knowledgeable set of C-Bodies eyes check it out (THANKS MATT !!) and the rest is history. Sometime you just never know but seeing it or having someone else checking it out is well worth it.

Heck I answered the ad for my sport fury there were no pictures just a brief description I ended up buying it sight unseen by me !!!! However had a great knowledgeable set of C-Bodies eyes check it out (THANKS MATT !!) and the rest is history. Sometime you just never know but seeing it or having someone else checking it out is well worth it.

Same thing with Jazebelle. craigslist ad with no photos and a brief description. Mark, a member here posted it and cleared the path when he decided to pass.
I contacted the seller and we talked several times, then came to an agreement. I ended up with a great base to restore at a very fair price.

Lack of information in an ad can work in your favor. As indicated above, a lot of folks will just pass and continue on. Not everyone is a marketer and it only takes a small effort to investigate. The less response there is the more likely a seller is willing to negotiate.

Lack of information in an ad can work in your favor. As indicated above, a lot of folks will just pass and continue on. Not everyone is a marketer and it only takes a small effort to investigate. The less response there is the more likely a seller is willing to negotiate.

Oh this is so true.... What caught my eye was the ad mentioned 383 engine & factory Tachometer and I was already sold with just that, nothing was mentioned about the power windows, cruise control, disc brakes or air conditioning.

The way I see it is one pic ads are usualy a ploy...it is bait. Get some unsuspecting noob to bite and then drop all the bad stuff on them after they get there..said noob prob spent time and perhaps resources getting there...see the angle? I dont particularily like being played so I try not to set myself up for that. Usually the guy looking to make honest and fair sale is the same guy who provide as much info as possible up front. Ive no desire to haphazardly caravel all over creation to chase dead end leads. Nope..nada.

It was the poor appearance of the body of the car plus much lacking trim that raises the alarm for me. Not saying much about the car and lacking more than one photo means I will keep looking for sure if I were interested in acquiring one.

The way I see it is one pic ads are usualy a ploy...it is bait.

Not saying much about the car and lacking more than one photo.

A Glass half empty approach will close the door on a lot of opportunities.
I look at it as nothing ventured .... nothing gained. A few phone conversations will reveal a lot about the character of a seller. If your not able to ask the right questions and do that, then your as bad a buyer as some sellers might be.

The way I see it is one pic ads are usualy a ploy...it is bait.

Not saying much about the car and lacking more than one photo.

A Glass half empty approach will close the door on a lot of opportunities.
I look at it as nothing ventured .... nothing gained. A few phone conversations will reveal a lot about the character of a seller. If your not able to ask the right questions and do that, then your as bad a buyer as some sellers might be.

All that I can say is "NOT EVERY OYSTER HAS A PEARL"

I got a response.
The seller now says "THIS VEHICLE IS LOCATED IN AMARILLO TEXAS, 79109, NOT DAVENPORT IOWA!!!!!!"

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

That's always been my argument against the naysayers

Out of all the cars ive ever passed on or ignored because of lack of info or something just didnt smell right, only one did i regret not taking a closer look at. Not a bad batting average. Unfortunately there is more sleaze out there than good guys, esp as the perceived value of these cars keep going higher and higher.

Back to the car.... There's some flaws, like the loose trim around the top. It's going to depend on the selling price, but it has some potential. I would be worried about what's under the paint job.

Not a car you would want to buy without seeing it in person, but it's going to be interesting to see the final bid.

Back