For the Hard Core literature junkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-80-MOP...anuals_Literature&hash=item54025d91e9&vxp=mtr

$_57.JPG

A fair price if you wanted them all, he might get that price just selling them individually. A few of thos could fetch $200 some $150 but many under $100, 1980?

Just sell them individually and toss the ones that don't sell and be done with it.
Parts are almost always worth more than the lot.

Alan

That is funny you posted that because last night I just bought a 64 dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth parts book for 27 dollars!

$200.00 per book. About eight times too much. I got a '78 book a while back for $25.00 USD.

71 and earlier will bring $150.00/200.00 each from a dealer. After that the value starts to drop off.
Sometimes you can get lucky and find them much cheaper.

Dammit!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, but $27 is pretty good for a paper copy, especially if you got a Mopar binder.

While I do a lot of stuff on the "tube", I still prefer to have paper in my hands to really study it.

Every try USING a .pdf that took an hour to download?
Good for one part for a car you don't own, but, if you own the car you need paper!

I don't have a fancy phone with internet and the back garage is a mile from the house, so paper works for me.

I keep a copy of the 69 PDF on my memory stick that is always with me, if I'm at work and need to look something up that I just thought about...

But I have originals for all three years that I have along with FSM, these are day two acquisitions.

Alan

You can get a lot of them for free here:

An original book is SO much better....! And the revised edition is the one to look for.

pdf files are still a mystery to me, and the print is usually way to small. I guess i'm still old school, low tech by todays standards. I have a flip cell phone ... with a camera, but I'm not sure how that works either.

Theres just something about hefting that old hard bound parts book .... cracking it open and sneezing a couple of times. I read it for entertainment. And .... it's non fiction.

Every try USING a .pdf that took an hour to download?
Good for one part for a car you don't own, but, if you own the car you need paper!

Save it on your hard drive. It comes up a lot faster.

I like having both paper and electronic versions. In fact, having a PDF of the FSM is really great. You can print out a few pages for use in the garage and if you get it dirty or tear it, it's not a big deal. Keeps the book clean so it can sit next to your recliner without your wife yelling at you more than she already does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back