For those of you with automotive lifts.

OUCH!!!! That right there is a bad day! Looks like the cylinder failed on the left side. Sometimes I triple check the pads, and always give the car a good shake as soon as the tires leave the ground!

Worse if the dude had been under it changing the oil

I went round & round between two and four posts. I decided on the two post. The four post, in my opinion, would have taken up just too much room when not in use. I figured I would be tripping over the long rails and cutting into space for my mowers etc. As far as parking for winter storage? One of my smaller cars goes up... And two bigger ones below. I'm very happy with my choice.

I'm not joking about this.
I keep this picture posted over my "UP" button and written in big black letters:
1. CHECK YOUR LOCKS
2. RECHECK YOUR PADS

LiftFailure.jpg

Dropping is more common than you would think. Back when I was a service manager, this was a concern. Many would rack the car, oblivious that all of the weight was sitting on three of the 4 legs. You could easily push a car up and down with one hand. Much to the disgust of each mechanic, I made them re-rack the car. I never lost a single car. Or attended a mechanics funeral. I did have someone do an oil change on a Mercury Capri turbo, without putting the oil back in. Step one, remove engine:). And another disaster was a new conversion van. The tire jockey failed to put a single lug nut back on 4 rims. Amazingly the van was backed out. Parked. Then driven off about 200 yards before all of the wheels came off. Zero damage done. lol.

Back