Formal 440 Owners. Help.

Very funny thread, love it!

Poor excuse...

You missed a thread about who has the most engines/blocks, etc. sitting around. We were betting on you.

The poor excuse is the only one that I have. I looked briefly for the thread but didn't see it, so here it is...

Engines/blocks sitting around... also in vehicles
=========================
(1) 265 flat head out / (1) 230 in a pickup
(4) 318s out / (5) in vehicles
(4) 360s out / (4) in vehicles
(1) B 361 out
(1) RB 383 out
(6) '67-'70 383s out / (4) in vehicles
(2) 400s out
(2) 413s out / (1) in '61 NY / (1) 413 trk engine in D800
(7) 440s out / (10) in vehicles, one is a 493 w Indy SR heads
(2) Poly 354s in '57 Chryslers
(2) Mopar Hemi Mega blocks, one complete 572 w Indy Legend RA heads and the complete shortblock for a 528

I believe that is 58 total, 30 of which are out of vehicles. In better weather I could support these numbers with some pictures.

Last edited:
At the front of the intake manifold, is this right?

1. Does the spark plug wire bracket go on bolt #1 (as shown)?
2. Does the A/C bracket go on bolts #2 & 3 (as shown) or on bolts #1 & 2?
3. Does the A/C bracket face as shown (pointing towards the front) or the other way (pointing towards the rear)?

I'm stuck.........:soapbox:

2d1uww9.jpg

1) Yes in general. Imagine the distributor in place...it is canted up in that direction on my car too to clear the distributor.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

You did well.

Tait is a top notch producer & The Ball Buster has had a few vintages that were mind blowing. You used to be able to pick up a bottle for less than twenty bucks.

Yes, your picture is correct. That bolt on the back side of the formal only A/C bracket is a PITA to put back in!

Yes, your picture is correct. That bolt on the back side of the formal only A/C bracket is a PITA to put back in!

Cmawn Bob... You must have overlooked this picture.... '73 Chrysler Newport Custom with a 440... It looked a lot like a "Fuselage" Chrysler to me. :dontknow:

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

Back