For Sale Former POLICE Fury -- not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBar

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
1960 plymount fury

1960 plymount fury v8 motor 383.standar transmission RUNS good new.clutch.its all original this was a police car 59.years ago .this is original ac.car.clean title and hand

I am dashing off to work but I know there are Police car collectors and this looks nice and the price looks low. 383 manual trans with A/C.
If anyone is interested I can get eyes on it....

00E0E_aFgI0NVs4C6_50x50c.jpg

00A0A_jgTYbBVSOVn_50x50c.jpg

00h0h_e5LS7ZifVwZ_600x450.jpg

01414_68awrcg0RBo_50x50c.jpg

00o0o_gbtlmd8QGl6_600x450.jpg

00l0l_3Dos2raZcrK_600x450.jpg

Looks pretty good for a 61. That is not a 383. It is a small block poly engine. I know they had different cubic inches for them.

383 has distributor in the front pointing out to pass side at an angle. The ploy engine distributor is in the rear pointing straight up like this car.

maybe he posted the wrong photographs?

Last edited:
Being a California car it should be solid. However, if the Lister doesn't know a 60 from a 61 or 383 from 318 I'd be suspicious.

If you look at photo #9 in the ad, the example car is parked at "Dobie" lane. Suspect that is what this seller has been smoking. Do not see anything that identifies this vehicle as a police cruiser unless it came out of a real small town some place. Cruisers of that era, as noted above, were either two or four door sedans, usually with a 361 or 383 engine. 3 speed transmissions were still popular on cruisers in '61.

Dave

Unusual to see a fury cruiser that year. Most were Savoys or Belvederes. This was a 2 door sedan.
49415702_2164813890229952_4060576482387296256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.jpg

Doobie has two o's. :poke:Dobie is my mom.

Never smoked that **** (pot), so I did not keep up on the slang. Was around a bunch of useless individuals who did and made the decision not to wind up like that.

Dave

Never smoked that **** (pot), so I did not keep up on the slang. Was around a bunch of useless individuals who did and made the decision not to wind up like that.

Dave
Just giving you **** Dave, it's all good.

My grandmother's name was Dorothy...grandpa called her Dort :p

IF that's a former police car, where's the documentation of such?

The Poly 318s had different valve cover designs than the similar B/RB engines. The other giveaway is that small throttle bore Carter BBD 2bbl, with the small float bowl that 318s always had on them. Interesting spotlight!

NO municipality would have bought a Fury for a police car, typically. Savoy, maybe Belvedere, but not Fury. And that headliner!!

Get that funky paint off of it! Put back something appropriate. Re-do the interior and headiner. THEN the car can be worth money!

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

If you ordered a copcar it was a sedan not a hardtop. Not saying Chrysler didn't make a hardtop police package, but I have never seen one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back