Found on Instagram.

67-Fury

Reaction score
Anyone have any info on this unicorn?

View attachment 500700

[ATTACH

Screenshot_20211204-181254_Instagram.jpg

Documentation to confirm it is a real "FBI" car? Certified speedo? Other HD/police options/equipment?

It might be a real 383 4bbl 4-speed car, from the factory, but it was also well known by that time, that a TF would match or best a 4-speed in a drag race (same rear axle ratio and tire size). Especially as many police TFs had "low gear blockout" on their shift mechanism, to prevent the officer from slamming the car into "1" and driving off at WOT, forgetting to manually upshift "in the heat of battle". So the shift linkage would only go to "D" and not into "2" or "1" at all, for that reason. On a manual trans, even an experienced driver might "miss a shift" and over-rev the engine, by observation, sometimes . . . which might "lose the race" to catch the offender. Which would make an add-on tachometer very handy and cost effective!

Just some respectful thoughts,
CBODY67

Welp I can't really see the reason or for that matter a FBI agent needing a 4 spd, but then again I knew of a FBI Agent that had a 460 big block old Mercury that would go flat out up I-95 and when he got chased down by Troopers in Georgia or the Carolina's they would tell him "I wish you assholes would let us know when your coming through". heh

I wonder how many sedan models in general had the 4-speed. Generally that would be the 'sportier' option on these cars.

Sportier in the same way vitamin water is good for you.

The Auto Archeologist is over on FABO. You can directly pm him there.
Ryan is also on ebodies.org.

Better jump quick.

This car would be a blast! Hopefully someone here is on the ball and actively pursuing it because I want to see and learn more, good luck!

Usually, when it comes to these cars, I don't think it's worth the effort to go through a frame-off restoration for a car that likely has a rotted frame from sitting in the grass for so long.

If this is a legit FBI car (and even without, tbh, a 4-speed sedan is pretty cool in general), I would say this is one of those times where it IS worth it.

Usually, when it comes to these cars, I don't think it's worth the effort to go through a frame-off restoration for a car that likely has a rotted frame from sitting in the grass for so long.

If this is a legit FBI car (and even without, tbh, a 4-speed sedan is pretty cool in general), I would say this is one of those times where it IS worth it.
I agree with you on that if not just to upset the parade of Vette's & 'Maros going across the block @ Mecum!

There used to be a 66 Fury 3 sedan that sat in my buddies neighborhood with a for sale sign in the window "383-4/4 speed/1 of 3. $8500" this was around 04-08. Car vanished off the face of the earth it seems.

Was light blue with body color squad wheels and a blue interior. Was very nice.

The children over at FB are talking this one up pretty good. To me, that means the chances of this car falling into the proper hands diminish greatly.

I think it should get brought up to date mechanically, then left the fu#k alone!!!. (As with most Cbodys) A car like this stands out all on it's own. Drive it and enjoy it for what it is. My very First thread on FCBO was about My dad finding a 65 383 4 speed Polara wagon when I was about 8 or 9. That car is long gone but gems like it still exist. As long as humans don't ruin them...We have the tendency to do that to everything.

Back