Found what looks to be a build sheet in my parts car - 69 SPORT FURY

Welder guy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I found this sheet in the back seat of my 69 SPORT FURY parts car . It’s not at all like the build sheet i normally see but it contains a lot of info. Its not in pristine shape so I took a few close ups of the damaged area’s for a better view.
IMG_2446.jpeg
IMG_2444.jpeg
IMG_2445.jpeg
IMG_2443.jpeg
IMG_2442.jpeg
IMG_2441.jpeg
IMG_2440.jpeg
IMG_2439.jpeg
IMG_2438.jpeg

i wonder if that could be a Windsor plant thing ?
i seem to recall a 69 sport fury that i parted years ago had some dirty scraps of paper like that,
it was a Windsor built (code R) car

Maybe this was a back up used in case the usual build sheets were not available due to equipment malfunction? Just a guess

First one I have seen. Very interesting. Were all Canadian BS's like that?

For those of you that like seeing how a BS relate to tags.
Not everything was coded on a tag. Meaning you cannot know how 'loaded' or 'bare' a car was simply by looking at a tag.

69_WINDSOR_BS.jpeg

That’s a very cool breakdown of the Fender Tag and Build Sheet . The BS and Tags are off to cuda hunter’s collection for documentation.

The order number B17677 is a bit of a mystery to me . I understand they are not numerically sequential with other cars . How did the factory come up with this number and how does it interact with other order numbers?

The order number B17677 is a bit of a mystery to me . I understand they are not numerically sequential with other cars . How did the factory come up with this number and how does it interact with other order numbers?
Great question and one of the reasons WHY tags, broadcast sheets, window stickers, et al need to be saved.

The B tells us the car was built for sale in Canada. Were ALL cars destined for Canada assigned numbers from the same pool meaning car B17677 was a Dart and B17678 a Charger or was the pool of numbers restricted by body style like VONs assigned to cars built for sale in the US?

The way to know would be to compile a list of B VON cars and see how the number assignment plays out and if B VON numbers are duplicated across body designations. One would also want to compare the SPD to VON relationship.

The BS and Tags are off to cuda hunter’s collection for documentation.
Thanks a bunch. Obviously always available if anyone needs to see it.
I'm glad to learn new things about these sheets. And truly enjoy Mister Mad's awesome contributions to the understanding of these creation sheets.

Great question and one of the reasons WHY tags, broadcast sheets, window stickers, et al need to be saved.

The B tells us the car was built for sale in Canada. Were ALL cars destined for Canada assigned numbers from the same pool meaning car B17677 was a Dart and B17678 a Charger or was the pool of numbers restricted by body style like VONs assigned to cars built for sale in the US?

The way to know would be to compile a list of B VON cars and see how the number assignment plays out and if B VON numbers are duplicated across body designations. One would also want to compare the SPD to VON relationship.
What does SPD mean. I find myself becoming interested in how it all works .

Scheduled Production Date
Second line up on the fender tag and 4th position to the right.
The build sheet will also have the Scheduled Production Date on it somewhere as well.
The SPD on the tag above that 69CoronetR/T broke down is 214 which would be a date of February 14th 1971.

SPD of February 14th 1971 ? Could this have been a factory mistake? The car is a 69 Sport Fury

Back