Frame rail repair

Ttmr1996

Reaction score
Any suggestions on repairing/replacing rusty frame rails on my 65 Polara? I don't seem to see any available. Can the B-body ones be modified/lengthened to fit?

I replaced the rear frame rails on my car earlier this year and while I was able to use a piece of b-body frame rail for patching, it is different. Your best bet is to find a donor car to cut them out of, there are no aftermarket ones available.

I had to replace both rear frame rails on my 68 Fury. I have ordered 13GA rectangular tubing and reshaped the tube to look exactly like original frame rails. Came out pretty good for not much money.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I am going to have to find someone to do the work who knows more than I do

I had to replace both rear frame rails on my 68 Fury. I have ordered 13GA rectangular tubing and reshaped the tube to look exactly like original frame rails. Came out pretty good for not much money.

Hi - do you have pictures of your install? I need to do a partial repair myself - particularly some patching but recreate the rear cross rail. best - RG

No problem.....check out my other posting "68 Plymouth Fury Resurection in MA" .

Someone uploaded their pictures.

Back