For Sale Frank Sinatra edition for 1000,-CA $

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of time, trouble, and expense for a thousand dollar car that doesn't run... :poke:

"Beauty is in the eyes (even with advancing macular degeneration) of the beholder", it's said.

The problem would be in getting it "back to snuff", in a financially-viable manner, relative to ultimate acknowledged market value, without it being a money pit or becoming an abandonded project.

Perhaps it might be more acceptable as an Aspen/Volare vehicle? Or a sexier Mirada? Rather than an Imperial?

I was unable to find anyone that would re-chrome aluminum.

Many places chrome aluminum, think motorcycle choppers, but finding a place that does it correctly can be problematic. I think it's a three stage process IIRC, copper with a buff, then nickel, then the chrome layer. Some places skip the nickel an some try to put the chrome directly on the aluminum which equals a disaster.

A lot of time, trouble, and expense for a thousand dollar car that doesn't run... :poke:

Perhaps. But so is welding in new floorpans, swapping a subframe or converting an automatic to a never-produced manual trans. If I came upon an otherwise nice car and couldn't obtain an original bumper, I'd go hunting for a piece of square tube stock, load up on grinder discs, a plasma cutter and get to work. Working in my favor is that this car has the simplest bumper shape I can imagine.

Hope it finds a good home. I think I can see the FS badges on the fender and yes it needs the center counsel to be a Frank. All were crystal blue for Franks blue eyes. You could get Crystal blue on a none Frank. So by the badge Im saying this is a Frank. My 81 Frank with one year only optional sun roof, only 148 Franks made in 81 with maybe one of only 50 to also have the sun roof!!

DSCN2504 (2).JPG

Pretty rare car for sure. Not sure the FS adds a whole lot to the value as already noted here, the car was notorious for its electrical/injection problems.

Looks like yet another seller that can’t take or doesn’t want to take decent pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back