From this...to this....

Yes it was. Looking forward to seeing it back in it's former glory with white vinyl top.

Very cool....I have only come across a couple other FP6 cars, my old 70 Sport fury being one of them. It's a gorgeous colour, and the white top really makes it stand out! Do you have pics, or other info about your Fury....very interested in it's options.

Sure you have seen my old SF.....but will use this as a chance to post a pic of it. ;)

Side.jpg

Nice work. I can't do bodywork to save my life. To me it is an art form, you either have it or you don't.
To me it really is a talent that some are better at than others. As an amateur body hack myself, my question to the OP who obviously knows what he is doing is this.
Was the original dented body panel totally beyond saving?
Or was the replacement panel welded in the (relatively) easier solution?

I was going to ask as well, I thought you sandblasted, very nice work. Did you put any type of metal prep on after you got it down to bear metal.
I remember my Dad would use some mynric acid sometimes on some cleaned up rust areas,

I was going to ask as well, I thought you sandblasted, very nice work. Did you put any type of metal prep on after you got it down to bear metal.
I remember my Dad would use some mynric acid sometimes on some cleaned up rust areas,
Luckily, you don't really need to put anything on the bare metal here in AZ. I used some Eastwood Fast Etch to get rid of any small bits of rust in pitted areas.

Back