front brakes won't bleed

I will replace pretty much everything.
But I want it to move now. Hence why I'm working with it before parts.
I need to get a 67 barracuda out of the garage so I can put this Gold vinyl top in the garage. I hate that this beauty is sitting outside for the first time in it's life.

That juice looks awful. Lines will likely be toast from the inside, and therefore dangerous.

Don't go through this rigamarole - new everything is in order.

I will post a few more pictures of the M/C and power booster.
Really need to determine originality.

To me the whole deal looks original, even the darn hose clamp & tag. Not common to see that & likely why it's not working so well. You can easily check if your booster is OK if you have a vacuum source & gauge.
20210504_183713_hdr-jpg.jpg

But I want it to move now. Hence why I'm working with it before parts.

OK, this is understandable. Actually, flushing it with the old components in place isn't a bad idea to get the evil nastiness out that was once brake fluid. The power bleeder will help with that. If you can get a good enough pedal to move the car will have to be seen. Once you can really dig into it, it sounds like you want to do it right, so that's good. Booster Dewey is always recommended for the booster rebuild.

Oh.. and the Lady Hunter sitting in a hot car? Geez... I gotta do front brakes on the Ranger and it's 40 degrees here this morning. They are gonna wait.

If you google it you’ll see many ways to check a booster. For me, if the car is not running I use either a mighty vac with a reservoir tank or a vacuum pump to mimic engine vacuum at the booster check valve. If your car runs just use engine vacuum, you should have about 18 in vacuum. If the check valve has an aux vacuum takeoff then connect your gauge to that. Remove your vacuum source (shut off engine?) and the gauge should hold steady. If the vacuum bleeds down then you have a leak somewhere, either the check valve or grommet isn’t holding or the booster internals are leaking. If that’s OK, hit the pedal, it should drop about 5 inches vacuum & hold pressure, you should get about 3 strokes worth. A less exact way is to just run the car & shut it off, you should be able to hear the vacuum release as you hit the pedal 3 times.

Thanks guys. I'll be messin with it shortly.
Moving ebody parts and then putting tires on the a body notch back barracuda so I can get it out of the garage. Gotta get that vinyl top out of the weather. That's about the most important at this point this weekend.
Hoping to fix the caliper on the other car, then maybe a MC switcharoo.

Thanks guys. I'll be messin with it shortly.
Moving ebody parts and then putting tires on the a body notch back barracuda so I can get it out of the garage. Gotta get that vinyl top out of the weather. That's about the most important at this point this weekend.
Hoping to fix the caliper on the other car, then maybe a MC switcharoo.
Did you solve your problem?

Back