Ft. McHenry

I could walk about 50 yards or so at a time and took a short break.
Didn't realise the extent of your mobility issues. Hope things improve for you soon. Thanks for sharing, looks like a nice place to visit. Kids wearing MAGA hats? Nice to hear but I'm surprised their teachers let that one slip by.

Didn't realise the extent of your mobility issues. Hope things improve for you soon. Thanks for sharing, looks like a nice place to visit. Kids wearing MAGA hats? Nice to hear but I'm surprised their teachers let that one slip by.

Thanks! Two years ago I couldn't walk 10 feet.

If you don't mind being asked.... WHY ...?

A number of things all at once. Cardiac problems, AFIB, extremely low blood pressure, heart function was failing, stage 4 kidney failure, and I fell and scraped my legs on concrete steps and ended up with Cellulitis on both legs.

I was in the hospital at John's Hopkins 3 times in 2017 for 6 weeks at a time. The first time I was in the hospital I was in the Critical Care Unit of the Cardiology Unit. I had a nurse and doctor dedicated to me around the clock for that 6 weeks. My heart function has increased to 38% function now. I have improved from stage 4 to stage 3 kidney failure. And I had to get treatment at a Wound Care Hosptal for a year for my leg wounds. I had Unna Boots on both legs for almost a year. I didn't think my legs were going to heal. Thank God I had exceptional doctors and nurses. I also have to see a hematologist because my white blood cell count is extremely low and my iron and B3 levels are extremely low because of the kidney problems. For the last 2 years I had 10-12 appointments a week. Now its 3-5 a week depending on who I have to see.

Being able to walk 50 yards is outstanding now. All the physical activity I had while in the Army and running 5-8 miles a day saved my life according to my Cardiologist.

Hope your health continues to improve!!!!
Best wishes and thank you for your service. Our military, active and retired deserve the best this country can provide.

Bob, glad you are improving.. I knew you had some issues but no idea was so severe...
The last couple years for me have not been the most fun as a couple members here can atest to..
So I know how you feel....

Bob, glad you are improving.. I knew you had some issues but no idea was so severe...
The last couple years for me have not been the most fun as a couple members here can atest to..
So I know how you feel....

I hope you are getting better too!

Back