Fuel Cap Vented Or Non?

ALRUI

Reaction score
OK guys, I'm trying to determine if the 1967 Fury III 383 is supposed to have a vented or non vented fuel cap. The locking one I bought eons ago has a cracked seal and the label is long gone. I MAY have the original somewhere as I recall it was stamped which type. Please advise.

Thanks!

I am pretty certain it is non vented, my 66 300 is non vented. Someone here will confirm.

'68 is non vented cap. The tank should have a couple of vent lines coming out by the fuel sender. If dual vent tank one comes out and goes up towards your upper shock mounts, and one runs up through the trunk by your spare tire and back down into the frame rail.

'68 is non vented cap. The tank should have a couple of vent lines coming out by the fuel sender. If dual vent tank one comes out and goes up towards your upper shock mounts, and one runs up through the trunk by your spare tire and back down into the frame rail.
Cool, I'll take a look. My son was just under there and put new piece of fuel line on the line coming out of the tank. We didnt have non-ethanol anywhere around here and the thing sat with that garbage in the tank for a long time - of course it destroyed all the rubber bits:-(

FYI these caps are pretty universal you can get them nearly any where. I bought mine at auto zone, you can even get another locking cap if you still want one.

Yes, looks like the Stant 10632 is the standard non locking version. I originally bought the locking one being I was in Silicon Valley at the time in a not so great neighborhood.

Yes, looks like the Stant 10632 is the standard non locking version. I originally bought the locking one being I was in Silicon Valley at the time in a not so great neighborhood.
I would think you are good now with its own security measure. No kids today would think to look behind your license plate to find your gas cap. :)

I would think you are good now with its own security measure. No kids today would think to look behind your license plate to find your gas cap. :)
Youre probably correct, that said I had a moment like that at 16 at a real SERVICE station when the first guy with a 55 Chevy came in and I looked and looked and he pointed out the filler was behind the tail light. He got a real kick out of it:)

Back