Fuel Tank Vent

MJFUR

Reaction score
69 Chrysler 300 with new fuel tank, fuel lines, rubber hoses, vent tubes cleaned with brake cleaner, pipe cleaners and compressed air to verify positive air flow.

The car has been up and running a little over a year now. Recently I've noticed that after filling the fuel tank I will get overflow or a small fuel puddle from the vent tube (Yellow Arrow). You can see where the fuel is dissolving the under coating under the Yellow Line. When I remove the gas cap to fill up there is neither vacuum nor pressure coming from the fuel tank, the vents appear to work as they should.

I find it odd that I never smelled fuel or noticed fuel coming out of the vent in the last year, but now it's a constant occurrence when I fill up. Any thoughts? Thx

IMG_8864.JPG

IMG_8866.JPG

Mine's peed gas out the vent after a full fill-up for the 20 years I've had it - I've messed with it a little, but never have gotten it to stop. I just always pop open the gas cap after driving the first time after filling up and it stops it until next re-fueling.

Back