Fury's 51st Birthday 12/9/21

71FuryGC

Reaction score
71 Fury turns 51 today! Assembled at the Newark, Delaware Plant 12/09/1970. Fender tag code C09.
IMG_20211125_131908.jpg

What a beauty! My late friend used to have a '72 Gran Coupe with the paisley top and interior so I have always had a soft spot for them. Such an elegant looking ride with a little bit of bad *** thrown in with the hideaway headlights, wheels, and a big block. Newark is where my '68 Fury III was built, May 25, 1968. Just about the end of the line for the '68s and the slab sides.

What a beauty! My late friend used to have a '72 Gran Coupe with the paisley top and interior so I have always had a soft spot for them. Such an elegant looking ride with a little bit of bad *** thrown in with the hideaway headlights, wheels, and a big block. Newark is where my '68 Fury III was built, May 25, 1968. Just about the end of the line for the '68s and the slab sides.
I would guess that the plant would have closed temporarily for retooling in anticipation of the "new" fuselage 69 body style. I would think, like you, that very few more slab sides came off the line after the end of May 68.

My 68 Fury was built on 10/26/1967 in the Belvidere Plant. But by my math it's 53 years old?

download.jpg

The calendar year and automotive production year overlap. It was a marketing tool the manufactures came up with decades ago to try and sell more cars I believe. They start building next years models months before the end of each calendar year if that makes any sense.
My 68 Fury was built on 10/26/1967 in the Belvidere Plant. But by my math it's 53 years old?

View attachment 502221

And the models for the next year came out in the fall of the year before - it used to be a big deal - but not anymore. So the build date for my car is appropriate. And, in fact, it would seem to indicate my car was an early one.

Back