FYI On Adhesion Promoter

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I figured l'd mention this while it's fresh in my mind. I've always used Bulldog brand adhesion promoter with excellent results. This time though I knew I was going to run out short of finishing all the panels for my 300 so I went on Amazon. What I found was SEM brand adhesion promoter. SEM vinyl dye is what I always use so I bought it. The product worked fine but I'm not happy with the nozzle on the can. It dripped. I avoided any problems since I hung the panels and sprayed vertically but layed flat it would have been a mess. What I don't understand is they have the no drip nozzles on the dye so why not the adhesion promoter?
20221230_140438.jpg
20221230_140753.jpg

Good to know sir! I plan on doing the package tray, sail panels, and the console on my 300 (whenever natural disasters quit happening). I have a can of Bulldog ready to rock. I'll stay away from the SEM.

Good to know sir! I plan on doing the package tray, sail panels, and the console on my 300 (whenever natural disasters quit happening). I have a can of Bulldog ready to rock. I'll stay away from the SEM.
Well between natural and unnatural disasters it might be a while!

I wouldn't be surprised if SEM contracts out packaging or even production of many of their products. Whoever does the adhesion promoter just happens to use the cheaper nozzles.

I've sprayed plenty of paint out of cans over the years with the "standard" style nozzles that had a nice, even pattern, so maybe your can was a bad batch of nozzles, or possibly the pressure in the can was a bit on the low side?

Jeff

I have also had issues with dripping on the sem adhesion promotors.
Always hang the parts with the SEM A.P.

Does the bulldog A.P. have any problems with dripping? Where do you get it? Does it work as good as the sem product?

I have also had issues with dripping on the sem adhesion promotors.
Always hang the parts with the SEM A.P.

Does the bulldog A.P. have any problems with dripping? Where do you get it? Does it work as good as the sem product?
Been using Bulldog for 15 years. Never a drip or any other problem. I get it at my body/paint supplier.

Back