Giving up on street motorcycling, bought a Volvo

Reaction score
I just turned 67, I've been commuting on my Yamaha FJ1200 for a couple decades.
Can't afford the '66 440 Monaco 500 as a commuter, so I just purchased a Volvo!
I never thought I would get one, but it's a really nice car for a lot less than blue book.
Timing belt, brakes, tires and more are all new.
I haven't ridden the FJ other than commuting for years, I guess it's time to give it up.
There is no such a thing as a fender bender on a street bike.
I still have the dirt bike, so I'm not stopping motorcycling entirely.
I would love to hear what Volvo owners have to say about these cars, it's a 2007 S 60
Opinions?
Thanks
Scott

My girlfriend's son had one and didn't keep proper psi in low profile tires, and a pothole late after dinner left him and his father stranded. Neither knew how to change a tire so the next morning I showed him on the side of the road. The point of my story is the spare went on but the smaller than rear front tire wouldn't fit in the trunk, or any door fornt the passenger compartment doors.

No not a Volvo trunk, well engineered cars but no mafia will use that cargo space.

next thing you'll need is a parts car. get at least one new ign. coil and the tools to change it, a cheap code reader and throw them in the trunk. they cruise great at 100 mph. cruise control works great and helps with fuel economy. the breather system has a passage that drains into the oil pan and clogs solid. they have good reputations but i don't know why.

Rock auto,
i don't know what's available at rock auto but i'll strongly advise you to use o.e. provider parts or at least european parts. NO CHEAPIE CHINESE. for coils, i get the bosch units from FCP euro. they have a good selection of quality parts for these cars and are competitive on price. the other source for parts that i use is Genuine Volvo Parts Online | Volvo Parts Webstore. i'll add that i've had to do several hub and bearing assemblies on ours and did go with cheapie units from autozone and ebay. so far they havn't been a problem.

Back