Gold 67' New Yorker back for sale.......

Those shots look like one of the cleanest bottoms I've seen in a long while.

Well, I just wound up springing for it. Picked it up for $7,250,which seems to be a decent price. Normally I don't have the stomach to buy/bid on a car sight unseen, but the guy who keeps my Mopars running/streetworthy (and knows the questions to ask that I don't) checked it out, and called the seller. Turned out to be a nice guy (not a C-body guy, but a MOPAR guy), was honest / straightforward, genuinely seemed like he wanted to get an appreciative owner for it, and didn't pull any tricks. Based on this, advice from my trusted mechanic (he said it was a good deal, and "you won't find a high-optioned sedan like this again, and it's a good deal if the bidding doesn't go too high." I was fully expecting to be outbid, but wound up with the best offer.

In addition to being F-U-L-L-Y loaded, it retains it's original paint finish. A little worn in spaces, but if it were perfect, I'd be afraid to drive it, so it suits me.

Sent payment out yesterday, and I expect to get the title in return next week. We're working on options for shipping. Planning on having it sent it to the shop where the guy who works my cars is, and we'll have a "shakedown" before bringing it home.
ThreeQuarterFrontLEFT.png

I'll send out another update after it gets here.

THANKS to everyone on here for their opinions, etc. they were very helpful.

Congrats! If I were to pull the trigger on a sedan it would be just like that one!:thumbsup:

Nice, great looking New Yorker. I haven't seen many '67s for some reason.

Only thing I'm concerned over is driving it in/out of DC with power drum brakes, drove a '66 300 once and they were REAL touchy. I have been spoiled by the Imperial's disc brakes. Those 4-piston Budd calipers are NO FUN to source, but they're great brakes. Contemplating doing a conversion so I don't come SCREECHING to a halt one day, which around DC can get you rear-ended. Never been through a conversion, anyone have experience with this?

Only thing I'm concerned over is driving it in/out of DC with power drum brakes, drove a '66 300 once and they were REAL touchy. I have been spoiled by the Imperial's disc brakes. Those 4-piston Budd calipers are NO FUN to source, but they're great brakes. Contemplating doing a conversion so I don't come SCREECHING to a halt one day, which around DC can get you rear-ended. Never been through a conversion, anyone have experience with this?
@Zymurgy can tell you a few things...

Tell me about it! You can drive as careful as possible but that still can't protect you against an idiot. One month ago I was less than 1/2 mile from my house behind a car hugging the right side as to enter the upcoming entrance to a small center. Right at that point the idiot pulled a crazy Ivan and went left from the far right side and I slammed on the drum brakes of an F100 while steering a little left to avoid hitting him. Talked about pissed. With the truck all done, the engine finally sorted out, and now out on it's fourth drive that has to almost happen. Oh, and he was Southeast Asian as I recognize the type as they do that all the time in their country.

Based on my experiences with the '67 LeBaron, I think C-bodies should ride on 15" wheels, but I'm going to drive it some first without changing things, not to mention that the wheels/hubcaps are SO nice on this, and that the tires on it now are new.......

I took a drive with on Tuesday after it arrived, the stance is right, and it seems fine. I'm going to see how the drum brakes work out, I have driven with discs for so long, I'll need to re-adjust.

I took a drive with on Tuesday after it arrived, the stance is right, and it seems fine. I'm going to see how the drum brakes work out, I have driven with discs for so long, I'll need to re-adjust.

Getting used to those power drum brakes doesn't take very long. Both of my C-bodys are currently running on power drums, and they are fine to drive. You should take a short trip. Afterward, you will be totally used to the brakes. Hmm. . . Carlisle is coming up in two weeks. . .

Just noticed you're in Germantown, rode through there on the train (Capitol Limited) last weekend....... I registered over a month ago (before the NY'er came into the fleet), with the Diplomat wagon for Carlisle, so I'll probably bring that, if for no other reason that the AC was just recharged. THANKS for your re-assurance with the brakes. They're being balanced, and having new shoes put on, which will help. that
DiplomatHillwoodSide.jpg

Just noticed you're in Germantown, rode through there on the train (Capitol Limited) last weekend....... I registered over a month ago (before the NY'er came into the fleet), with the Diplomat wagon for Carlisle, so I'll probably bring that, if for no other reason that the AC was just recharged. THANKS for your re-assurance with the brakes. They're being balanced, and having new shoes put on, which will help. that View attachment 130905

The Capitol Limited. . . I see that train every day from my train, as we leave Union Station headed for Germantown. Sometimes, I hang a while after I arrive and watch the Capitol go through at 80 plus.

I know everybody is fired up about disc brakes, etc., but I find the drum brakes on my cars to be quite good, and they will do just fine, until I get around to doing a disc conversion.

Regardless of which car you bring to Carlisle (hope its the NYKR), stop by and see all of us on the Green Field.

Back