Good News for 66 C Body Owners with Fuel Gauge/Sender Blues!

Do you run the ORIGINAL FUEL instruments on YOUR C body?

• ALL original

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • original sending unit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • original gauge

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • replaced all instrumentation

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Gerald Morris

Reaction score
Having seen a fair number of threads over the past year or so from other '66 C body owners with troubles similar to mine, I now happily report there ARE GOOD SOLUTIONS available to us! For gauges, Autometer makes an EXCELENT unit matching the specifications for our old machines, billed by Jegs as:

Auto Meter Officially-Licensed Mopar Classic Fuel Level Gauge 2 1/16 in. Electrical (Short Sweep)

I was blessed to find their last one on their shelves, which I got to accompany a new fuel sending unit, obtained directly from the vendor (Not ePay!) here:

eClassics 1965-1966 Chrysler Newport Stainless Steel Fuel Sending Unit 5/16"

I LIKED the LOW PRICE! $34.50 for a WARRANTED FUEL SENDER has been UNHEARD OF UNTIL RECENTLY!!!

It worked perfectly out of the box too. I read 10-~75 ohm on my cheap voltohmeter I keep in the trunk, and read the same with my Micronta meters later. But nothing availed until I got that Autometer gauge!

New-gas-gauge-2021-01-09-CLOSE-UP.jpg

I made sure the tank had only a few gallons in it this morning when I installed this, as shown, cabled tied down to the old instrument panel bezel by the shift indicator. It read just up to E then, when powered up. I filled the tank to slopping over full, then sent the Babushka this pic to assure her the near C-note we spent on the C Body (shipping and extended warranty added to the $65 price.) was WELL WORTH IT! So it is Fellow Moparians; Made in the U.S.A. by American Workers!

If y'all still have Gas Gauge Blues, I've now shown you how to beat them.

Last edited:
Back